Clear All
  • Nocturnal
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2006

Shell.GetFolder help

I'm trying to do something like this:

Code:
    Desktop_Folder = Shell.GetFolder(SHF_DESKTOP_COMMON);
    result = Dialog.Message("SG removal tools", "Install removal tools?", MB_YESNO, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    if result == IDYES then
    result = File.Run("Desktop_Folder\\SG Antispyware\\mbam.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    result = File.Run("Desktop_Folder\\SG Antispyware\\spybot.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    end
    I basically want to cut down the File.Run("") location from C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\SG Antispyware to SHF_DESKTOP_COMMON\\SG Antispyware.

Is that even possible?
  • Desrat
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2006

Desktop_Folder is a variable and such does not need to be inside the quotes but will need the use of .. to append the rest of the string to the result stored in the Desktop_Folder variable, you can see what I mean here just make the changes as below in red..

Code:
    Desktop_Folder = Shell.GetFolder(SHF_DESKTOP_COMMON);
    result = Dialog.Message("SG removal tools", "Install removal tools?", MB_YESNO, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    if result == IDYES then
    File.Run([COLOR="Red"]Desktop_Folder .. "[/COLOR]\\SG Antispyware\\mbam.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    File.Run([COLOR="Red"]Desktop_Folder .. "[/COLOR]\\SG Antispyware\\spybot.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    end
    Last edited by Desrat; 02-19-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X