Question about Screen Resolutions and setting up a gate way page…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinkingstar
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2003

Question about Screen Resolutions and setting up a gate way page…

Hi,

I having the same problem as alex_yeates who posted screen display for other screen resolutions on 05/27/03 10:18 AM.

I like the solution that was given to him by Corey Milner to create a project for each screen resolution and use a gateway page.

“Indigo Rose reccomends you create a seperate app for each resolution and use a gateway page on your main app to redirect as appropriate for best results.“

My question is what is the best way to set up a gateway page?
    Do I create gateway page as a project and then redirect it to another project? If yes, then how do I link from one project to another.

Thanks
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Question about Screen Resolutions and setting up a gate way page…

1. Make your project in as many different resolutions as you like.

2. Build them all.

3. Place them in your distribution folder.

4. Choose which one you think is "most likely" to match your end user's screen resolution, i.e. 800 X 600. On the first page of this project setup a series of actions which uses SYSTEM > GET INFORMATION actions to read the user's vertical and horizontal screen resolution. Check the variables to get the users screen resolution, if it's 800 X 600 (or matches whatever "most likely end user resolution" project you chose as your gateway/launch build) then simply go to page 2 with a PAGE > JUMP action. If the resolution doesn't match the master build you chose as your launch app then simply set it up to launch the correct build using a FILE > EXECUTE action, and close itself with an APPLICATION > EXIT action.

So the summary is we build all our projects then insert a resolution check on page one of the *most likely* build and use that build as the main launch build for the application. Our check then launches the correct build if our master build doesn't match up. Pretty easy... Hope that helps...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• thinkingstar
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2003

Corey,

Thanks. I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
        X