Teqskater's John Conway's Game of life (See attachment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teqskater
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2007

Teqskater's John Conway's Game of life (See attachment)

(See attachment)
    Alright some of you people would ask this question: What is Teqskater's John Conway's Game of life.

My answer would be:
    It's my remake of John conway's game of life (also known as life).
    It is a cellular automaton devised by the British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970. It is the best-known example of a cellular automaton.

The "game" is actually a zero-player game, meaning that its evolution is determined by its initial state, needing no input from human players. One interacts with the Game of Life by creating an initial configuration and observing how it evolves.

The universe of the Game of Life is an infinite two-dimensional orthogonal grid of square cells, each of which is in one of two possible states, live or dead. Every cell interacts with its eight neighbours, which are the cells that are directly horizontally, vertically, or diagonally adjacent. At each step in time, the following transitions occur:

1. Any live cell with fewer than two live neighbours dies, as if by needs caused by underpopulation.
    2. Any live cell with more than three live neighbours dies, as if by overcrowding.
    3. Any live cell with two or three live neighbours lives, unchanged, to the next generation.
    4. Any dead cell with exactly three live neighbours becomes a live cell.

The initial pattern constitutes the 'seed' of the system. The first generation is created by applying the above rules simultaneously to every cell in the seed — births and deaths happen simultaneously, and the discrete moment at which this happens is sometimes called a tick. (In other words, each generation is a pure function of the one before.) The rules continue to be applied repeatedly to create further generations.

Need more information? check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway%27s_Game_of_Life

How to use my source code:
    1. Just import it into AMS.
    2. Preview the application.
    3. Make some cells alive by clicking them white
    4. Click on next generation to go to the next generation

My question for the people who care:
    I created this game but im not 100% sure that the code works like it should work (The rules). Can somebody check the game for bugs or "violations" on rules? Furtheron im pretty dissapointed about how much resources ams apps uses from your pc. If you people are satisfied by this example i will clean up the code a bit (oh the damm perfectionism inside me) and post it into the examples section.

Enjoy and let me know what you think of it! :lol :yes
    Attached Files
Working...
X