how do I group single mp3's to play non stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georallim
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2003

how do I group single mp3's to play non stop?

Hi all, thought i'd start of with probably what will be a simple solution to a problem i've spent 2 days trying to figure out.Here goes, what i'm trying to achieve is a front end that will play multiple cd's like a collection of my favourite artists. So far i've designed the front end and started to put pictures and the titles of the tracks on the following pages that i jump to when I click on the corresponding album cover on the front page. The text titles when clicked will play the appropiate track and have made some play, stop, pause etc buttons and a volume control basically from reading the forums, thank you all. The prob is what I want is, when I click on the image of the album it will play the complete album, but it only plays the last track in the list. I tried using wav files with play synchronous on which worked but i had no control over stop play pause untill the album had finished not what I really want. I don't want to use a complete album for continuous play and single tracks for titles it would take up to much room on a disc. Is there some coding that I can use that when one track finishes the one below it will start to play untill the whole album has played without interuption? Hope I have explained my Intentions clearly enough. If I have went on a bit I apologise first time writing to a forum for help so any would be really appreciated :-)
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Re: how do I group single mp3's to play non stop?

In a nut shell, you'll have to load the first MP3, play it, and then in the MP3 Object's On Stream End event, load the next song, play it, etc.. until the end of the list.

I know there have been samples posted on the forum of doing this exact thing. Search on MP3 and Listbox, or some other variations of the verbage.

G'Luck!

Comment

• georallim
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2003

Re: how do I group single mp3's to play non stop?

Thanks for the reply...Don't know if thats what I'm I'm trying to achieve but I will give it a try. Had a thought. If the link from the album cover was directed to play an album that was complete(all tracks merged) would i be able to use seek or some sort of time markers for the start and end of tracks so that when i just wanted to play an individual track I could just click on that title and it would find the start of that one track from the complete album and play till the end and stop and so on? Thanks again. Hopefully I will get my head round all this new stuff :-)

Comment

Working...
      X