• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smudge611
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2009

DVD VOB files

Okay, i have searched around the forums and watched a few of the videos without any luck. I create video picture shows on DVD for local funeral homes. Since I also color correct and touch up all the photo's I have had many people request on how to access the photo's from the DVD. I include them in a folder and on the disc and I set up a button to open the folder they are located in. My question is there a plug in or a script that i can incorporate that will also let me play the DVD? Since they are in normal VOB format and would require software. I know windows media player will play dvd's but how do i link to have the DVD menu open? Thanks for any help.
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

The simple answer is no. If the user has DVD player software installed you could probably manage it but if you've got room on your DVD, have you tried creating an AMS app to show the photos off and just write all the AMS file to the root of the DVD.

To be honest I've never tried it myself but my understanding is that DVD payers just look for the Video_TS folder and go straight into that. Anything in the root is ignored and so if you had the autorun.inf there, then a computer should see that and run it. You could possibly include an mpg version of your video in there as well.

I'd be interested to know if it works, in fact I might just try it at work to see if it does.

Comment

• yosik
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Another way would be to include VLC Player in the DVD. It is free and plays DVD AND can be run with a command line.
      So you would launch the AUtorun and a AMS app from which you can launch VLC which in turn plays the DVD, menu and all.
      Good luck
      Yossi

Comment

Working...
      X