• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbinder
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2009

Autorun Unattended Installers?

Do you guys have any suggestions for where I might look on using your app to run unattended installers?

I'm thinking that some of my clients could benefit something along the lines of using this app as a means of distributing unattended versions of software.

Take Office 2003 for example. User XYZ from company X wants to install it on their home computer (Company CEO) but I don't want to walk him through it over the phone.

Could I use the software to pack all the files into a project, make an MST file from the CIW (from MS) and then just have the installer run once the user double-clicks on the finished project? No screens would need to be present. Basically APMS would show a loading statement while it extracts all the Office installer files and then the MSI would take over once it finishes.

It allows people to see the progress but not have to bother with answering questions, seeing as a Transform has already been created.

I see your software can do nice pages and the like, but I'm curious if there's something I can look over to make it unattended - just a little progress indicator and nothing else.

Thanks for any help.
  • ShadowUK
    No longer a forum member
    • Oct 2007

Well, That is possible.

Code:
    File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\setup.exe", "TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-", "AutoPlay\\Docs\\", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
    Application.Exit();
    Then enable the progress window.

Build your project and it should install Office 2003 on it's own.

If you don't want to show the AMS window change

Code:
    Application.Exit();
    to

Code:
    Window.Close(Application.GetWndHandle(), 1);
    And put the code in On Preload.

Comment

• bbinder
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2009

Thanks!

Cool, thanks for the response! Just trying to see what else the app does here so trying it out for a little while. Looks pretty interesting so far

Comment

Working...
      X