• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scorpion3367
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

Online Password Verification

I wondered if someone might point me in the right direction on this (and please bear in mind that I am a content developer and not a programmer). I'm trying to figure out how I can set things up to verify a username/password from a remote server? I've been doing some reading on the basic password verification using the Global List but I wonder if it's possible to store that list on a remote server and then have the AMS application access that server to verify username/password and then authorize access to the application itself. If this sounds too confusing, let me know what you need in terms of other details. Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help me out with this.
  • scorpion3367
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

Re: Online Password Verification

I had another thought on this and maybe someone might care to comment: Perhaps it would be possible to have the AMS application create a temorary folder on initialization, check internet connection and then download a text (or .zip) file/s containing valid username/passwords to that temporary folder. Then the application could verify the Username/Password against that list and authorize entry. Upon closing the app, the temp folder would then be destroyed. This way, the client can create new username/password combinations at his/her discretion as required and simply alter the text files on their server as new ones become necessary. Is this a do-able thing in AMS? Anybody care to comment or suggest an alternative?

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Re: Online Password Verification

The key issue here is security.

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
      X