Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crash_Davenport

Window Focus

I am working on a kiosk and I need it to reset itself to the language select page when the screensaver comes up after several minuites of inactivity.

I searched the help file but I see nothing on "Window Focus", I thought maybe I could get some control from that sort of command.

Any thoughts on this?
    Thx
    Crash
  • kpsmith
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2000

Re: Window Focus

You may be able to do this with some .dll calls. Worm is the expert but...

Here is a link to the common windows .dll calls.

Free software components for C#, VB.NET and other .NET languages.

Specifically the SetWindowPos function in the User32.dll allows you to change the focus of a window.

Here is a link to that specifically:

Your #1 source for using API-functions in Visual Basic and classes for the .NET runtime!

Watch out cause the Syntax is real tricky on the DLL calls

Comment

• Crash_Davenport

kpsmith:

Thankx so much for pointing me in the right direction. I think this stuff is a little over my head.

Got 2 be a way to reset the kiosk to the language page....somehow.

I tried Corey's flash timer but I have other flash running and it gave me an error msg. saying..."this will slow things down do u want to continue running this script"...or something like that.

Thx again!
      Crash

Comment

• kpsmith
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2000

Here's an idea... I haven't tried this but it seems it would work.

Basically you want to have the AMS app jump back to a Language settings page after a certain time period right?

So create a silent MP3 that is the time period you want to allow the app to sit idle before it jumps back to the language page.

Now on launch of your app you start the mp3. Every time an action is performed you would stop and restart the mp3.

Now the trick is to then go to Project | MP3 player | At song End in AMS and set an action to jump to the Language settings page at the end of the song.

So essentially the mp3 should never complete until the specified period of inactibity passes and when it does complete have it jump back to the Language page.

Comment

• Crash_Davenport

thx 4 the tip!!

Crash

Comment

Working...
          X