• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidPorter
    Forum Member
    • May 2003

Now Playing Image displayed with each video playing

Hi, I've built a project that contains 9 product training videos on a single page. Each video is selectable as a button. I have 9 corresponding product still images that I would like to display on the same page that would display in its own page area outside of the product video that is playing, when the appropriate product video is selected. I've read the documentation and can't figure this one out. Love the prodcut, just trying to squeeze it for more!!!!
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Now Playing Image displayed with each video playing

1. Attach appropriate PAGE > HIDE OBJECT actions to the Actions area of the Page Properties dialog under the "On Show" state in order to hide all 9 images.

2. Attach a PAGE > SHOW OBJECT action to each video's "On Play" state in the Actions tab of its properties dialog in order to show the appropriate image at play time, i.e. show image 1 with video 1, show image 2 with video 2, etc.

3. Attach a PAGE > HIDE OBJECT action the each video's "On STop" event or whatever in order to re-hide each image when it's parent video is done playing.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Right, but what if he's using the same Media Player Object for all nine videos? Should he also be hiding/showing 9 separate Media Player Objects to avoid getting the signals crossed?
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Nope, use a variable, i.e. each button first sets a variable, i.e. %vid% = 2, then it starts the player.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2002

Ah, variables... You never let us down! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
          Eric Darling
          eThree Media
          http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X