• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerilyn
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2003

Shortcuts not created

I have a client who claims that when they install our program that the shortcuts are not being created in the Programs menu. I can't duplicate the problem with the same software we created. Are there any environmental issues in Windows or something else that would preclude shortcuts from being created in the Programs menu? We are using SUF 7.0.
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by jerilyn View Post
    I have a client who claims that when they install our program that the shortcuts are not being created in the Programs menu. I can't duplicate the problem with the same software we created. Are there any environmental issues in Windows or something else that would preclude shortcuts from being created in the Programs menu? We are using SUF 7.0.
    could be a rights issue...
    are you letting SUF 'auto create' the shortcuts, or are you creating them manually (Shell.CreateShortcut())?

The only time I've seen shortcuts "not" created have been either a rights issue or a poorly configured Shell.CreateShortcut command.

Comment

• jerilyn
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2003

Thx for your reply. I am just using the defaults provided by SUF 7 as far as the shortcuts are concerned. I know there is an option on the shortcuts page to allow for the "current user" or "all users" for shortcuts to be created. The default is "current user." I am not the programmer type, just taking whatever SUF offers as defaults. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thx again!

Comment

• jassing
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jan 2001

Then I would look at rights. do they have the rights to create a shortcut?

get the install log file to see if that gives any clues.

Comment

• jerilyn
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2003

Thank you for your response. Again I am not the programmer type. Where do I check the "rights" area? It's interesting we have thousands of clients and only 1 has this problem. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

• jassing
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jan 2001

It wouldn't be something in SUF you'd do -- it'd be something that the user would have to change on their side.
            One way to do it is in suf to select "require administrator" under "system requirements"

Comment

Working...
            X