• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinesh
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2003

PLEASE HELP ME

I'm working on a project (tutorial) that includes a TEST. I want that test to be controlled by time. (i.e. when user starts the TEST, time should automatically start and after specified time user wouldn't be able to answer the qustions)

I want to display the Continuous TIME remaining or progressed on page with TEST.

Is it possible?
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Re: PLEASE HELP ME

Well, this is probably much better done in Flash, but I don't know Flash! So, here is my interpretation using a WebBrowser Object and some javascript.

I know this isn't perfect, but its the best I've got.

Download Here

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

There is a testing application that Bruce and I have been working on and there was a flash timer that was published awhile back. I will see if I can configure the application to use that timer and report it to the screen. The one problem that I am having right now is when the flash movie playes it ties up the screen.

Timing and loops has always been a discussion point around here because it will depend on the speed of the machine. There was talk about using a silent MP3 as a timing source too. We could do something like that where it plays and upon completion it will increment a counter and while it is playing it can be used to report to the screen.

What about using the system clock?

Any other thoughts on timing?

dinesh, when you are asking about a timer, do you want it decrement or increment in real time, or would it be ok to update a time variable between questions?

Tigg
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Yes it is possible. Flash is best.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Sep 2002

Corey,

When you run a flash movie, does AMS still work while the movie is playing. With the flash timer from an earlier project, if I feed that with 300 seconds worth of time, should the project still function while it is playing?
          TJ-Tigger
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
          "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
          Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Worm
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jul 2002

I think this method is as effective as using a silent mp3.

It actually works fairly well.

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Yes it does...

Corey Milner
              Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
              X