PDA

View Full Version : Page Turn transition for AMS

Ulrich
10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I have built a new plugin for AMS to perform something what looks like a page turn, like discussed in another topic here recently. This is the first version, maybe I have an idea on how to improve this later. For now, please have a look at the example project, and tell me what you think. This is my first transition plugin, please be kind.

For those who are interested in using the plugin, please fetch use this installer (http://www.mindquake.com.br/files/ams/UtilitiesSetup.exe).

Ulrich

sided
10-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I have built a new plugin for AMS to perform something what looks like a page turn, like discussed in another topic here recently. This is the first version, maybe I have an idea on how to improve this later. For now, please have a look at the example project, and tell me what you think. This is my first transition plugin, please be kind.

For those who are interested in using the plugin, please fetch the zip and place the contents in the Plugins\Transitions folder of your AMS installation.

Ulrich

thanx for work, but have this error

Ulrich
10-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Are you using the latest version of AMS?
Please try this modified version.

Ulrich

RizlaUK
10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey thats pretty cool :yes

im not a lover of page transitions, but i could really see me useing this one

Imagine Programming
10-30-2008, 08:49 PM
It works nice, one question though: why does it start my VNC Media player while the page is being flipped?:P

Ulrich
10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Try the second demo, where this should not happen. I am removing the first demo to avoid further confusion...

Ulrich

Centauri Soldier
10-30-2008, 09:05 PM
You're the man once again Upeters! Thanks for sharing.

holtgrewe
10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
That is a welcome addition to the AMS toolbox.

Thank You.

Loes
10-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Looking good - Thanks a bunch!

Loes

Imagine Programming
10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Try the second demo, where this should not happen. I am removing the first demo to avoid further confusion...

Ulrich

Oh yeah sorry, it worked fine indeed. Thank you:)

longedge
10-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Very nice, thanks Ulrich,

It got me thinking that it would be nice to have a means of controlling the speed of transitions , as far as I can tell it varies with the complexity of the page.

Ulrich
10-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello,

I have made a modification to the transition plugin, and I believe that now the transition is a little bit smoother than before, as there should be less distortion (in theory, at least).

For those who are interested, please fetch the updated plugin and demo project from the attachments below.

Ulrich

Ulrich
10-31-2008, 12:32 PM
It got me thinking that it would be nice to have a means of controlling the speed of transitions , as far as I can tell it varies with the complexity of the page.

You can set the speed in the "TransitionSettings" dialog. You find this item on the Page Properties... If you increase the step size, it will be faster, for example.

I believe the speed of the transition depends mainly on the size of the page size, and the processing power of your computer.

Ulrich

longedge
10-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't know what to say - I looked in there several times !!

Yes the new version is smoother by the way.

Ulrich
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Here an additional update. I noticed that when setting certain step values there stayed a bar visible in the middle of the screen which only disappeared at the end of the transition. This should now be fixed. Please advise if there seems to be any residual issue with this transition.

The current version of the page transition can be found on my site (http://www.mindquake.com.br/transitions/turn).

Ulrich

longedge
10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I had noticed the line, but since it was in the middle I thought it was by design. Looked like the middle of the book if you know what I mean. It has gone with that version anyway (it may just be me but it also seems even smoother).

blanc
05-06-2010, 12:40 PM
with a button ,direction select possible ?

Example :
i press right button transition left - right
and i press left button transition right left
i want making a book

Thank