• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghobii
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

Full screen video problem

I have buttons set up in my program to play several short videos in sequence. I have also added a button to show the videos fullscreen The problem is that as the next video loads in we are dropped out of fullscreen mode for a second ot two until the next video launches. Is there any way to prevent this?
  • ghobii
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

Re: Full screen video problem

Any ideas? The client isn't happy with this. I am using a script that Worm wrote to string the sequences together. It's in the thread "easy newbie question" from last week.

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

You could maybe make the AutoPlay application full screen as well, with a black background (or whatever background color makes sense for the project).

Or just combine all the videos into one longer video, so you don't have any transitions at all. You might even be able to use the Media Player Object's Seek action to start playing the video from specific points...although the size of the video and the capabilities of the user's hardware could become a factor in how responsive that is.
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• ghobii
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2003

Thanks Lorne, I think making the project full screen may have some promise, but is that possible to do anywhere except on the project initialize? I don't always want it full screen, though the client may accept it as the lesser of 2 evils.
        Unfortunately I don't see any way around having transitions since the video is just over an hour long and consists of 30 sections that the client wants to be able to access individually or in groups. What I really need is to not only start a video at a seek time but to end it that way as well. I think someone else recently requested this function as well.

Comment

• eric_darling
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2002

What I really need is to not only start a video at a seek time but to end it that way as well. I think someone else recently requested this function as well.
          Several times, actually. I would say that beyond the capability of stopping at a given time, it would be seriously great to be able to trigger other events as well. We'll see what the future brings.
          Eric Darling
          eThree Media
          http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• ghobii
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2003

Yes, a common use being the video synced to powerpoint, which we do all the time.

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

I think making the project full screen may have some promise, but is that possible to do anywhere except on the project initialize? I don't always want it full screen, though the client may accept it as the lesser of 2 evils.
              Hmmm...you could maybe use two different AutoPlay applications, one that basically just serves as the video player. Your main application would run this video player and tell it what video(s) to play. That way your main application wouldn't have to be full screen...just make the "video player" project full screen.

To communicate between the two applications, the main application could either pass command line arguments to the "video player" one, or set some values in the Registry for it to read.

Comment

• ghobii
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2003

Hmm,the two application idea sounds like it would open another whole can of worms though as a last resort I may have to explore it.
                I did find under "window" actions a "move" command that also had size coordinates. Could I use this command to resize the application on the fly, say, when the user pressed the button that now switches the video to full screen mode, could I somehow determine their screen resolution from the registry or somewhere and set the project window to that size? But how would I set it back since they would be using media player controls to return from full screen?

Comment

• Lorne
                  Indigo Rose Staff Member
                  • Feb 2001

Yeah, you should be able to resize the AutoPlay application's window. (Or maybe just use the Maximize action?) Good idea, btw. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If you need to find out the user's screen resolution, you could use the DLL that Brett made.

I don't think using two projects would be that hard, but resizing the AutoPlay application's window would probably be faster, making it all seem more responsive.

Comment

Working...
                  X