• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbie
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

Copy one file to many folders

Been searching the post but didn't find anything that would point me in the right way.
    I just need to copy one file to a bunch of subfolders in in a main folder.
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

Hey bobbie, hows things :yes

set up a loop with Folder.Find and recurse all the folders adding the file to each folder encounterd

something like this
    Code:
    function CopyToAllFolders(strRoot,strFile)

local tbFolders = Folder.Find(strRoot, "*", true, CallBack);
    	if tbFolders then
    		for index, strFolder in tbFolders do
    			File.Copy(strFile, strFolder, true, true, false, true, nil);
    		end
    	end

end

CopyToAllFolders("c:\\test","c:\\test.rar")
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• bobbie
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

Doing ok , Had a Proctoscopy Friday so taking it easy.
      That's look like just what I needed.
      Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• Pelican
        Forum Member
        • May 2008

Hey Bobbie, Have you done any work with FTA (free to air) DVB-S or DVB-T?

Comment

• bobbie
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2005

No I have not but I will look into them to see how it works.
          If they Broadcast to a web address it's not hard to grab the feed.

Comment

• Pelican
            Forum Member
            • May 2008

Thanks for the Reply

No DVB-S comes direct from satellite. It's Free. DVB-T comes from HDTV from your local TV Station broadcast installations.

Both of these signals come from a TV tuner which is either integrated via a PCI card or via a USB HDTV tuner stick (which incorporates obviously a USB2 interface at one end, and an antenae interface at the other).

I have checked out as much of the commercial Windows software that normally ships with these tuners. All of them are bloated, Operating System heavy (in this case windows) and because it's a relatively new tehnology have tried to incorporate lots of little addons that don't all work properly.

Because of the bloating these apps are meant solely for the home PC (which is totally rediculas because most homes are already connected.
            Trying to use these apps via laptop suffers 2 main problems 1 The bloated use of Operating System, and extra pressure of the Laptops Video Interface.

What is needed is a windows based GUI that decodes the video interface, takes only from windows what it needs to operate using a good size buffer (maybe 4GB or more) and then disposes of it. No hogging memory in RAM. No saving anywhere. Nothing more.

I might add that this is far faster than using HDTV via the internet. Obviously special interest groups (i.e Christian Channels that are purported to be Live, actually open a video stream). Although one can still use the internet if you subscribe to a service.

If you think about it seriously then your minds eye will reveal the usefullness of this. I know I have ideas that I can use with it.

Regards

Comment

• bobbie
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2005

Sorry looks to be over my head to do.

Comment

Working...
              X