• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimeSurfer
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2007

Need a clean alternative to DDE

Guys i need an alternative in ams for DDE. Im trying to communicate with another app directly such as mIRC. [tried using user32.dll and sendmessageA but i dunno i prob did something wrong cause it changed the titlebar text lol rather then just typing in the window] Any help is appreciated.
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

sounds like you used the wrong hWnd (window handle), you will need to access the window handle of the edit control on the window

not sure if it can be done directly in AMS tho, but with plugin ... maybe
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• TimeSurfer
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2007

k thanks rizla ill play round wit it hopefully it can be done =p

Comment

• TimeSurfer
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2007

rizla i ran into a problem lol how do i get the window handle of a window inside of a program. Im using window spy right now and i see the class names of all the windows in it but.... its just labeled as #Edit [thats the class name of the editbox in mirc. Yet mirc itself has a class name of #mIRC lol im confused im thinking the edit is a subclass but im not familiar enough with the windows api to properly define it via the user32 dll with sendmessagea
        Last edited by TimeSurfer; 07-28-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2006

try accessing the window handle of the #Edit class, this can be done in PB so may a dll can help, but right now i do not have time

ShadowUK was looking for something to do
          Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• TimeSurfer
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2007

k thanks rizla =p ill give pb a go if i run into probs ill hit shadow up thnx much bro

Comment

Working...
            X