• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

Commerical Plugins, is there any point?

when i first found AMS i looked at the plugins avalable

over time i brought most of them (xDialog, popup notfi, send keys, timer action, windows construction kit, toolbar buttons, system animations) which combined cost proberly a little under £200, not a problem, all great plugins that im more than happy with.

i make a superb dialog plugin, give it loads of functions and enable you to customize all aspects of the dialog window, i say test it for me and i will release soon.

i got 10+ messages asking when i will release FREE version, but i never said there will be a free version, so i ask

Commerical Plugins, is there any point?

what is it, my dll's not worth paying for, funny tho, i see a lot of my FREE dll's in many projects posted here so they cant be that naff.

ah well, guess ill spend my time doing something else then.
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best
  • Imagine Programming
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2007

Oh your DLL's are great Rizla, if i had money i would really donate! i'll see what i can do...
    Bas Groothedde
    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• ShadowUK
      No longer a forum member
      • Oct 2007

I've learned that there is no point in selling any more of my plugins if there is going to be no commercial interest. I do my work for the community, and making it free makes me feel good that I'm helping people out and even better that theres more interest in making it free than payware.

However, If I need the money badly, I'll have to sell something.

Comment

• thetford
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2005

Rizula,
        I have used al LOT of your free dll's, and I appreciate you for sharing them. I would be more than happy to purchase any commercial plugin that you produce, as I'm sure it will be well worth it. Sure a lot of people are cheap, and they tend to be more vocal. Don't let them get you down, there are people who don't mind paying for something worth while.

Where is the link to puchase? I'll buy it right now.
        Mike

Comment

• dflowers
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2007

I will purchase plugins, I have purchased a couple, including WORM's sendkeys. My problem is that I am so new and still learning, I have yet to figure out the full capabilities of some of the programs and how I would implement them.

Comment

• Dermot
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Apr 2004

There should be a good market but too many want everything for free, including AMS itself. I had planned on a bunch more dlls but it's not worth the time.

If you have a few dlls though, it might worth selling them as a bundle.
            Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• Worm
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jul 2002

I'm with Dermot...

Keep the cost low, and you may sell a few.

Comment

• Intrigued
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Dec 2003

I decided a ways back to not create for-profit plugins. And to just keep on doing what I have been, sharing projects via my website and, at times, help here in the forum.. pretty much only if I feel in the mood.

I have been pretty busy working on other products, so my participation has greatly slowed, which seems typical for anyone, doing anything. Life goes in cycles.

With that said...

I've purchased some plugins from my fellow AMS users. I have also donated money to folks that have helped me in the past, when I was stuck on an issue.

It's a bummer to see folks create nice plugins and no one buys them. But, that's the risk you take as the creator. Business is a gamble, always.
                Intrigued

Comment

• eric_darling
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jun 2002

It's very difficult to make waves in a market. The cost of development pales in comparison to the cost of marketing your products. Take it from a guy in the throes of putting together a marketing plan for a product that was six months in development (still getting refined).

If you're serious about building a product, you need to get serious about how you're going to sell enough to justify the project. Either you don't care, or you have to care about that more than anything else in the world for at least a little while. There's no in-between.

I have seen more than a couple of colleagues risk way too much in business. They were running successful and self-sustaining businesses each in their own right until they bit off more than they could chew. These were self-made guys who are smart and capable and now they're flat broke or worse. Working for yourself means having to be smarter than yourself. Just remember that no customer base comes built-in to your product. You have to actively seek them out, convince them at every turn that you are legitimate, that you offer something no one else does (at least not as well), and that it's worth it for their money. Best of luck!
                  Eric Darling
                  eThree Media
                  http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• thetford
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2005

eric_darling ...... Yes, I have come to realize for myself that you are correct. EVERYTHING has been done before, there is software out there that does EVERYTHING, and..... a lot of it is free. Yet, there are new software companies born every day. It's not that you can, or do develop a good product, Really - if you are concerned with increasing your bottom line, all that matters is how your product or service is marketed.

Now, somebody please get busy developing plugins that I can buy, to create simple software in AMS that already exists on sourceforge...... so I can sell it to a buyer!! LOL

No really, I'm serious...... get busy! I need that plugin!!!
                    Mike

Comment

• Georges
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Aug 2004

Life at 60 Hz: project proposal

Indeed, life is rather cyclic. I have used AMS many years ago for some small applications and it gave me lots of joy. I learned a lot from this forum. I bought plugins and dll's in order to give back to all You guy's whom I was gratefull for that joy included AMS. Unfortunately I got so many other (also very interesting tasks) that I got debranched from all of it (although I kept paying for updates and new versions of AMS).

Now I am back with a larger offer for a dedicated project. I am not rich (mainly in clinical research) but willing to invest and pay the price You deserve.

If somebody is interested he/she can contact me (preferable by mail)
                      [email protected]

I will send a first general outline of the project and then we can negociate a good and fair price and conditions. No hidden agenda's and strings attached.

Sincerely,

Georges

Originally posted by Intrigued View Post
                      I decided a ways back to not create for-profit plugins. And to just keep on doing what I have been, sharing projects via my website and, at times, help here in the forum.. pretty much only if I feel in the mood.

I have been pretty busy working on other products, so my participation has greatly slowed, which seems typical for anyone, doing anything. Life goes in cycles.

With that said...

I've purchased some plugins from my fellow AMS users. I have also donated money to folks that have helped me in the past, when I was stuck on an issue.

It's a bummer to see folks create nice plugins and no one buys them. But, that's the risk you take as the creator. Business is a gamble, always.

Comment

Working...
                      X