• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

FREE - AMS Operating System

Here is a brand new Operating System built with AMS7.
    It was hard work and took well over a minute to complete. I have provided the blank canvas for it ... anyone fancy doing all the code? :lol
    Attached Files
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

lol, sure, i'll write the whole app for you and you can take all the credit, and i dont mind if you never learn a thing because im always here to code for you, heck thats what this forum is for isent it.

Indigo Rose Software Forums, the forum that writes the apps for you.
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• mwreyf1
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2004

OMG !!!

I can't stop laughing.

I swear I was just about to start a similar thread when I saw this and opened it based off of RizlaUK's reply.

I was going to at least put one button.

Too **** funny, but all so real lately.

Comment

• bule
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2005

Hm, to start, press any key...

Where is the any key?!
        Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• RizlaUK
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2006

its not often i ask for help, but when i do i nearly always post some code.

you know, with all the work iv done in PB, i never once made a post in the PB forum

im now making ocx's for AMS with VB.......never once made a post in a VB forum

if i can learn from *searching* then why cant others, ever wonderd why application authors include a help file, its there to help, do not be afraid of it, its your friend.

i dont mind helping new users, in fact i love helping, but i hate this attitude a lot of people seem to have that we are just expected to help (or write whole projects) because the user demands it, and its a shame because it just makes me not want to help at all, which is unfair to the new users that are willing to learn and do want to write there own apps, but then, with every aspect of life, the many suffer because of the few.
          Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• ShadowUK
            No longer a forum member
            • Oct 2007

Here you go. I don't see why not, I'm so bored in the waiting process for my xbox 360 that I fulfilled this hilarious request.

You'll have to do most of it though.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dermot
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
              its not often i ask for help, but when i do i nearly always post some code.

you know, with all the work iv done in PB, i never once made a post in the PB forum

im now making ocx's for AMS with VB.......never once made a post in a VB forum

if i can learn from *searching* then why cant others, ever wonderd why application authors include a help file, its there to help, do not be afraid of it, its your friend.

i dont mind helping new users, in fact i love helping, but i hate this attitude a lot of people seem to have that we are just expected to help (or write whole projects) because the user demands it, and its a shame because it just makes me not want to help at all, which is unfair to the new users that are willing to learn and do want to write there own apps, but then, with every aspect of life, the many suffer because of the few.
              I hear ya. I started with VB and Access and learned it all by reading the help file, books and sample code from the web. I honestly don' think I ever asked for help. It amazes me that people will ask how to do something that is clearly explained a long with sample code in the help file. They will wait hours or even days for a reply when they could have got the answer in 2 minutes from the help file or by searching the forum. I will never understand that. I inluded detailed help files with all my apps but most people will still phone or email to ask how to do something that is explained in detail in the help file. For God's sake I have some screens that have full explanations right on the screen in big bold text but they still ask what to do.

My favourite is when someone says they are not a programmer and know nothing about coding but still want to create some advanced critical app on a deadline. Lets face it, you have to be willing to learn at least the basic concepts of coding. You have to spend a few hours reading though the help file. Part of the problem thogh is how AMS and other tools are marketed. "Non programmers can create applications without writing any code or knowing anything about it". This kind of thing is being used a lot and in my opinion it is wrong. Yes, you can drag and drop objects on to the screen and make it all look good, but if you want it to actually do something, you have to write code. I see this a lot on another forum where users are asking for help to build sophisticated business database apps even though they have absolutely no experience in programming or databases at all. They bought the program because the ads said that anyone can create business applications with ease, but they soon find out that there is nothing easy about it.

but then, with every aspect of life, the many suffer because of the few.
              Oh man is that ever true and it gets worse every year.
              Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• Worm
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jul 2002

Is AMS going to be able to run on this new OS. If not, I'm not helping, it'd be a waste of time for me.

Comment

Working...
                X