• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoveBirkoff
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

How to export a form to .txt file

Hi guys

I'm not a very experience user of AutoPlay, but I'm trying to improve every day.
    I managed to build an small apps to launch several programs, but now I wanna go beyond of this...

I work as Game Tester, and every day I have to report bugs in a data base.
    To make easier my daily tasks, I've been thinking the follow:

- Create a form (with different input boxes)
    - Export these fields to a .txt file or similar

This will help me a lot, since I would not need to edit over and over again, my bug template.

Anyone of you, could throw me some light on this?

Thanks guys
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

how do you enter the information into the database and what kind of database is it,

AMS can access a range of databases via native actions and a variation of plugins and scripts, for instance, if your database id MY SQL then you could send the information to a small php script that will add the information into the db, or you could add the info directly into the database useing luaMYSQL

maybe with a little more info i could suggest a more suitable system for you
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• DoveBirkoff
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2008

Thanks for your quick answer

The thing is quite simple, actually I'm not trying even to export data to SQL or any database, just imagine the follow:

TITLE (input box): "This is the bug title" (This text will be added manually)
      DESCRIPTION (input box): "Bug description with multi lines"

Then a button should export these fields into a txt file.

I know probably for you is "piece of cake", but really don´t know very good all the commands.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Comment

• ShadowUK
        No longer a forum member
        • Oct 2007

Here you go.
        Attached Files

Comment

• DoveBirkoff
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2008

Nice one!

Thanks ShadowUK

For sure I'm not good with code... This apps do exactly what I wanna do, but I'm trying to modified the code to implement other necessary fields and I can´t.

Please have a look to the following lines, this would be a final template to report a bug:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
          TITLE
          ========

GH3_XP1- XBOX360 - FIGS - Quotation Marks - Career - String when a song is loading is not displaying properly the quotation marks

REPRO STEPS:
          ===========

1) Load Guitar Hero: Aerosmith set to any FIGS
          2) Select Career > ... > Start completing the game.
          3) Note the bug while the song is loading.

BUG OBSERVED:
          ============
          When the song is loading the following string has a problem displaying quotation marks that appear as "A".

"En 1986, Aerosmith volvió al éxito por primera vez en seis años tras grabar una nueva versión de AWalk This WayA al lado de Run DMC."

Please see the attached screenshot for further details.

ACTION REQUIRED:
          ==============

Please change the double quotation marks (") to sigle ones (').
          This should fix the bug (as I already observed in similar strings.

SUGGESTION:
          ============
          CHANGE:

From: En 1986, Aerosmith volvió al éxito por primera vez en seis años tras grabar una nueva versión de “Walk This Way” al lado de Run DMC.

To: En 1986, Aerosmith volvió al éxito por primera vez en seis años tras grabar una nueva versión de 'Walk This Way' al lado de Run DMC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to create different input boxes for each "component" and export them including the titles (REPRO STEPS, BUG OBSERVED, ACTION REQUIRED and SUGGESTION , and also the simbol (=======) to the final TXT.

The final txt file will be "copy and paste", since in the database there is only 2 fields to fill: TITLE and BUG DESCRIPTION ( this one is composed of REPRO STEPS, BUG OBSERVED, ACTION REQUIRED and SUGGESTION).

Thanks in advance for your time, and sorry about that, cause I know that probably I did not use the proper terminology.

Comment

• DoveBirkoff
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2008

Wip

Please forget about previous comments, I'm working on it....and also I must learn by myself, should be useless ask for every single step.

Thanks for your help.

Just one more question:

- should be possible, after save the txt file, open it directly in notepad?

Comment

• ShadowUK
              No longer a forum member
              • Oct 2007

File.Open("C:\\exported.txt");

Comment

• DoveBirkoff
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2008

But this will open my saved file wherever I saved it?

Comment

• ShadowUK
                  No longer a forum member
                  • Oct 2007

Do something like

Code:
                  File.Run(ResultOfFileBrowse[1]);

Comment

• DoveBirkoff
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2008

Sorry dude, but I can manage to do it.

Anyway I don't wanna bother you with this, cause I've been reading posts about "lazy people" who ask to codified whole projects (just kidding ).

Please find attached how is looking at the momment my apps.

I would need to implement:

- Auto-open the txt file after saving. [I followed your instruccion, but nothing happens after save the file]
                    - Pre-set some text, mainly in REPRO STEPS field ( I did it exactly as you told me, but the text is shown with some weird characters). [all the pre-set text appears in a single line, and spaces are shown as squares]

- I guess that an inputbox has some limitations, since for example at pressing ENTER nothing happens. [ To be able to enter text in different lines, I should change to RichText or similar? ]

Thanks
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by DoveBirkoff; 07-27-2008, 03:53 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• RizlaUK
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • May 2006

the problem in REPO is you dident check the multiline checkbox

to view the text file use
                      Code:
                      File.Open(tResult[1], "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);
                      heres the apz with the above changes, if you need more help feel free to ask

EDIT: DoveBirkoff, you must have the best job in the world (game tester)
                      Last edited by RizlaUK; 02-01-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• DoveBirkoff
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2008

Nice one, again!

Thanks a million, now is doing exactly what I was thinking to do from the beggining....

Probably I'll try to implement a few things during next days, but tomorrow I'll use my brand new apps (to be honest is more Rizla´s apps than mine :P )
                        You can bet that your name will be on the credits.

And yes, is kind of best job...but also sometime is quite tired to do the same every day, even to play when you do it 8h a day is hard..

Comment

• RizlaUK
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • May 2006

to be honest is more Rizla´s apps than mine
                          hey, i only added one line of code and check a few boxes, the rest is all yours :yes

And yes, is kind of best job...but also sometime is quite tired to do the same every day, even to play when you do it 8h a day is hard..
                          but it beats cleaning toilets or serving burgers, lol (not that theres anything wrong with cleaning or catering, its just not for me )

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
                            but it beats cleaning toilets or serving burgers, lol (not that theres anything wrong with cleaning or catering, its just not for me )
                            Well i also prefer this work:P
                            Bas Groothedde
                            Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
                            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• ShadowUK
                              No longer a forum member
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by C B programming and webdesign View Post
                              Well i also prefer this work:P
                              I'm not disagreeing if I get to debug Gears Of War 2!

Comment

Working...
                              X