• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syracuse
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

2 arguments required

ok, this should be pretty basic- I'm new to autoplay and don't have a lot of html exp.

A shortcut is being created to open a folder at a user specified destination.
    Syntax errors don't come up but during the preview, after the files are copied I' getting ... 2 arguments required.

Shell.CreateShortcut(Shell.GetFolder(SHF_DESKTOP), "Codefinder", Dialog.FolderBrowse ( "\\Codefinder" ),"","","",_WindowsFolder.. "\\explorer.exe", 1, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

I appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Syracuse
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

that is real bad usage of Dialog.FolderBrowse, you should always check this function for a return value also you have droped some arguments, closed off function statments in the wrong places, have not closed off the main function with ")" and the shortcut dose not link to any file.

what exactly are you trying to achive ?

EDIT, ok i should read
    A shortcut is being created to open a folder at a user specified destination.
    heres how if should look
    Code:
    local strFolder = Dialog.FolderBrowse("Please select a folder:", _DesktopFolder);
    if strFolder ~= "CANCEL" then
    	Shell.CreateShortcut(Shell.GetFolder(SHF_DESKTOP), "Codefinder", strFolder, "", "", "", 0, SW_SHOWNORMAL, nil);
    end
    Last edited by RizlaUK; 07-24-2008, 01:02 PM.
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• syracuse
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2008

Thanks for the reply... still having troulble.

Currently:

Files have been saved into a user selected folder.
      a shortcut has been creaed on the desktop. (needs to open previously selected folder)
      the shortcut brings up window, error: item this shortcut points to has move, does not exist- no target in properties.

How do I link it to the storage path? Problem is around 2nd shell.getfolder

Line 10 looks like this..

Code:
      Shell.CreateShortcut(Shell.GetFolder(SHF_DESKTOP), "Codefinder","Shell.GetFolder\\Codefinder", "", "", "", 0, SW_SHOWNORMAL, nil);
      Again, any comments are appreciated.

Comment

• RizlaUK
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2006

you have droped some arguments, closed off function statments in the wrong places, have not closed off the main function with ")"
        "Shell.GetFolder\\Codefinder"
        you know what ........ i give up, go read the manual!
        Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• syracuse
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2008

awesome, yeah need to find the manual.

that is super cool- thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X