• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwreyf1
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2004

Is it just ME or...!!!!

Are there a BUNCH of newbies that have been coming here just to get everyone else to write ALL their code for them and then say things like..."I almost have it working" when in reality, if you read through the thread, they have done NONE of the code. Or to tell you that your code is WRONG! even though you have been part of this forum for years (not joined in last 2 months) and have put in your hard knocks.

The NEWBIES in here need to be a little more respective of the forum gurus (NOT REFFERRING TO MYSELF AS ONE) trying to help.

Please TRY first to do MOST of your project YOURSELF before asking someone here to do it ALL for you.

Sorry for the rant but lately it seems to be getting WAY out of hand.
  • 2epro
    • Jun 2008

seems like someones ego got the best of them

:*(

Comment

• mwreyf1
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2004

2epro...it is obvious that you did not read my post correctly or you would not have made that comment.

NOTE: I also noticed that you just joined...what last week?

Enough said.

Comment

• 2epro
        • Jun 2008

I am under the assumption that this forum is INDIGO ROSE's support for there loyal customers. I know me as a paying customer love this forum. So are you saying that paying customers must also be master coders to get support ?

Comment

• mwreyf1
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2004

First try to do it yourself then if you get stuck on something post it here and I myself would be happy to helpas well as others.

But I don't think it is right to expect someone else to write your WHOLE app for you.

Also you posted a question today and less than a hour later you were rude because noone had responded. We all have lives here so please give us more time to respond.

Comment

• Dermot
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by 2epro View Post
            I am under the assumption that this forum is INDIGO ROSE's support for there loyal customers. I know me as a paying customer love this forum. So are you saying that paying customers must also be master coders to get support ?
            Actually this is a user forum where users help each other. It is not a place to expect or demand help whether you are a paid customer or using a trial. No one here is obliged to help anyone.
            Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• mwreyf1
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Aug 2004

no one here is obliged to help anyone.
              amen.....!

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Apr 2007

no one here is obliged to help anyone.
                I'll be happy to help somebody, but i freaking hate it when they ask for complete sources and when they don't get them within an hour they will go and nag about it...
                Bas Groothedde
                Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
                IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• ShadowUK
                  No longer a forum member
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by n3wb1e2008
                  Oh, hey guys. I'm making this anti-virus program, But i just need the code to find out if it's a virus or not, an auto-updater, a way to make it a service and everything else.

Thanks.

Also, I've almost got it working but i need this last bit.

please post apz.
                  If there was a rating system, I would probably get a funny rating or something.

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Apr 2007

Also, I've almost got it working but i need this last bit.

please post apz.
                    To me it sounds like he hasn't got anything done yet:P lol making an antivirus app -.-'
                    Bas Groothedde
                    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
                    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• RizlaUK
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • May 2006

well, im glad to see that im not the only one that this annoys.

i now reply with one rule, and that rule is this "i see no code, i post no code"

So are you saying that paying customers must also be master coders to get support ?
                      he he, if all were master coders, we wouldent need a support forum would we

Also you posted a question today and less than a hour later you were rude because noone had responded
                      that is the most annoying thing of all, i dont come to this forum for the goodnes of my health or because i get a kick out of it, i come here to help people (i dont even use AMS much anymore)

but i refuse to help rude, impatiencent or lazy people,

if you want help, try yourself, if you can not get it right then post your code and ask for help and WAIT for a reply

if you do not keep to the above (unwritten) rules then you will find your self not getting much help
                      Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• reteset
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by mwreyf1 View Post
                        Are there a BUNCH of newbies that have been coming here just to get everyone else to write ALL their code for them and then say things like..."I almost have it working" when in reality, if you read through the thread, they have done NONE of the code. Or to tell you that your code is WRONG! even though you have been part of this forum for years (not joined in last 2 months) and have put in your hard knocks.

The NEWBIES in here need to be a little more respective of the forum gurus (NOT REFFERRING TO MYSELF AS ONE) trying to help.

Please TRY first to do MOST of your project YOURSELF before asking someone here to do it ALL for you.

Sorry for the rant but lately it seems to be getting WAY out of hand.
                        i am with you :yes
                        do like me
                        just do not reply any question like that
                        amsplugins.com Is Closed.

Facebook Page

Comment

• yosik
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Jun 2002

It is so strange. I was feeling the same thing (and that is THE main reason why I almost stopped writting here, although I was very active in the past) and kept it to myself. It seems that quite a few of the veterans here feel the same.
                          As it IS a user's forum, I think that Rizla's rule "I see no code, I post no code" is a very good one to adopt.
                          As much as we are willing to help our peers, there is a limit to that. Don't forget that a lot of people do pay a lot of money for this type of expertise. So that the willingness to help "free of charge" should be respected.

Yossi

Comment

• Bruce
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by yosik View Post
                            it is so strange. I was feeling the same thing (and that is the main reason why i almost stopped writting here, although i was very active in the past) and kept it to myself. It seems that quite a few of the veterans here feel the same.
                            As it is a user's forum, i think that rizla's rule "i see no code, i post no code" is a very good one to adopt.
                            As much as we are willing to help our peers, there is a limit to that. Don't forget that a lot of people do pay a lot of money for this type of expertise. So that the willingness to help "free of charge" should be respected.

Yossi
                            amen brother!

Comment

• TimeSurfer
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2007

funny thread lol, and i wonder where id be at on that little rating system lol. But I agree it tends to get annoying when ppl ask you for help or to code something and have no intention of doing any of it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X