• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siray
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

Call Windows Tools

hi all,
    I want to open My Computer when i push a button from my project as I double click on My Computer's icon on the desktop.

So i try this command:

Shell.Execute(_WindowsFolder.."\\explorer.exe", "open", "::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);

and it works. i found the argument from Registry Editor.

But, how to call / open "Search (for files or folders)" command from AMS, as I click on the Start Menu?
    because i could not find in the registry editor a string for argument like example above. Or is there another way to do that?

I need this thing in case if there's no Search tool on start menu (hidden by virus, for example).

Thanks for the answer, and sorry for my english
    siray
  • Ulrich
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Apr 2005

Check if this works on your computer:

Search Results folder:
    Code:
    Shell.Execute(_WindowsFolder.."\\explorer.exe", "open", "::{e17d4fc0-5564-11d1-83f2-00a0c90dc849}", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);

Recycle Bin:
    Code:
    Shell.Execute(_WindowsFolder.."\\explorer.exe", "open", "::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);
    Ulrich

Comment

• siray
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2006

thank you Ulrich for your reply,

your script result in my computer is only execute a blank Search Result with no left pane (no search box etc.).... why?

Comment

• Ulrich
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Apr 2005

Interesting. Here it works sometimes, and sometimes not. Sometimes the left pane is shown. I don't have an answer for this, and couldn't find any documentation to make sure the left pane is shown always.

You may, however, try a different approach. Open the search normally from the start menu. Check all the options you want to use, like advanced, look in subfolders, hidden files, etc. Then perform a search as you would do from inside your application made in AMS.

As soon as the search started, you may abort it. In the File menu, chose "Save search". Save your search as "search.fnd" somewhere you can find it.

Now close the search window, and double-click the search.fnd file. A new search window should open, with the same options and settings you selected earlier, and the left pane (Search Assistant) should stay visible. And if you finally execute this file in AMS, you should get the desired result as well.

Code:
        Shell.Execute("AutoPlay\\Docs\\search.fnd", "open", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);
        Ulrich

Comment

• Esfahan
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2007

I make it on XP SP2
          Attached Files

Comment

• Imagine Programming
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Apr 2007

Your tricks don't work, i think because you are referring to Autoplay\\Docs while that folder is empty:P
            Bas Groothedde
            Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• Esfahan
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2007

Sorry, bad exporting accrued...
              I have forgotten to checked Doc when export it...
              Attached Files

Comment

• siray
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by upeters View Post
                As soon as the search started, you may abort it. In the File menu, chose "Save search". Save your search as "search.fnd" somewhere you can find it.

Now close the search window, and double-click the search.fnd file. A new search window should open, with the same options and settings you selected earlier, and the left pane (Search Assistant) should stay visible. And if you finally execute this file in AMS, you should get the desired result as well.

Code:
                Shell.Execute("AutoPlay\\Docs\\search.fnd", "open", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);
                Ulrich
                I've tried that way before i put my question here, Ulrich. And it work fine when i call .fnd file. I just want to try different way to call Search tool.

Anyway, thanks once more for your reply and suggestions. You're the man :yes

SiRAY.

Comment

• siray
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2006

and for esfahan thanks too:lol:yes

Comment

• siray
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2006

Btw, i found this file : "srchui.dll" in c:\windows\srchasst\
                    is this file connected or used by Windows when we execute Search tool in Start Menu?

Comment

Working...
                    X