• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MacDuff
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2008

Button to open new window.

I am new to this software, so forgive me if i am asking something that has been answered. Just point me there.

We are creating a tutorial for Optical Mineralogy. We have main information and then we have reference information on the page. We would like to click on a reference and have it open in a separate page with out changing the existing page. We have dual monitors. Main tutorial on one screen and the reference on the other. can this be done so that when you click a hot area it open a new page? If you click a second reference, it changes the info in the second page.
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

A couple of ways. One is to design your project with both "areas" in one project, thus updating the details part.
    The other would be to launch two projects and have a file (like a txt file or ini file) from which the projects read/write data. Mucho complicated...
    From what we read, next major update will have popups windows. That should be an answer to your needs.

Yossi

Comment

• Ulrich
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Apr 2005

If the reference is in compiled HTML (*.chm) or similar format, it would be quite easy to have it displaying the page corresponding to the topic clicked.
      My setup is dual screen as well, and it works fantastic with Visual Studio - I use one monitor for the IDE, the other for info panes and the MSDN reference documentation when needed. If you could use this concept for your application, it could size and position the help window on the second monitor with ease.

Ulrich

Comment

Working...
      X