How to change size of a project dynamically ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbe
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

How to change size of a project dynamically ?

Hello,

I am working on a project and I want to be able to change the size of my project and all objects inside (Example: From 800x600 To 1024x768) by a clic on a button for example. Is there exist a quick solution or do I have to create a script?

I already start to write code to change pages and images size but HotSpot failed with a strange message:

On click, line 41: Attempt to index global 'HotSpot' (a nil value)

Please help me....
  • ShadowUK
    No longer a forum member
    • Oct 2007

It's Hotspot not HotSpot

Comment

• RizlaUK
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2006

while still learning the functions in AMS i would recomend useing the action wizard to avoide silly typos like this, while learning AMS i found the action wizard a very helpful tool.

it would be nice if the AMS script editor (both internal and external) would pick up on functions and key works and automaticly correct the case just like PureBasic dose.
      Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• gbe
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2008

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I saw my error but it do not solve my original problem. Do you have a method to re-size the project dynamically?

Regards
        GBE

Comment

• ShadowUK
          No longer a forum member
          • Oct 2007

Heres a bit of an example, I set Auto-Resize to right.
          Attached Files

Comment

• RizlaUK
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2006

yes, with AMS7 its very easy to dynamicly resize the project window and objects (thanks again IR)

just check the right boxes :yes

Comment

• gbe
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2008

Thank you to provide me a quick answer. It's very good.

Could you please explain me how is it working? I load the project without understand where was the code to re-size the projet.

Regards
              GBE

Comment

• RizlaUK
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • May 2006

ok, when you double click a object you get a properties window, click the attributes tab

notice the area what says Auto-Resize, there are 4 checkboxes (left, right, top and bottom)

you use these checkboxes to tell the app what parts of the object to move when the page is resized,

you will need to *play* with these settings till you get a grip on how it all works but this is much easyer than it used to be (used to code the whole thing in script)

basicly, check the top box and only the top will move, check the top and bottom and the whole object will move up or down, same for left and right

hope that hepls

Comment

• gbe
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2008

Ha OK!!! :yes It's clear now. Thank you very much.

Have a nice week-end.

Regards
                  GBE

Comment

Working...
                  X