• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alsh3lan33
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2008

can we change the Color of the listbox scrollbar

is there any way to change the Color of the listbox scrollbar ?
  • Ulrich
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Apr 2005

The appearance of the scrollbars of the ListBox, the RichText Object, and the Grid are always defined by the look and feel of your operating system. It seems that the only object you can skin individually is the Paragraph, the rest follows the current theme of your Windows - so no, you probably won't be able to change the color of just the scroll bar of the List Object, unless this can be done in some undocumented way.

You may, however, skin your application independently to the look and feel of your (or your customer's) Windows theme. You could use some skin made by somebody that uses colors matching your application better than the standard gray, or even make your own skin, if you are inclined to do so, and those scroll bars could "blend" better in your work.

You can find a compiled AMS7 application here that you might find interesting (3.0 MB). This is just a test I made to see how the different objects available in AutoPlay react to eight different operating system skins, some with subthemes. You'll notice that the Paragraph doesn't change at all during skinning, because you can set the look of the scroll bar directly in AMS, and that the Radiobutton and Checkbox ignore the skin as well. Here is a screenshot:

Change the settings with the radiobuttons to see it in action.

Ulrich

Comment

• alsh3lan33
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2008

thank's upeters

i download the application and i try it, the Paragraph doesn't change as you said .

thank's again

and if you can help me with some codes to make some skins to my project A favour from you

best wishes for you

Comment

• Ulrich
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Apr 2005

Hello alsh3lan33,

unfortunately I can't give you an immediate solution for your situation, because this demonstration application I provided in my former post uses a commercial skinning ActiveX from Codejock. I communicate with this ActiveX using the free LuaCom plugin.
        If you get a license for the commercial software component, you will be able as well to include any kind of skin in your own work.

On the other hand, I am currently studying the possibility to build a plugin to provide this skinning functionality to AutoPlay Media Studio, if there is any interest for it in this community.

Ulrich

Comment

• pakapaka
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jan 2007

AMS Skin Plugin

Hi Ulrich
          If you plan to develop a skinning plugin for AMS then you can put me down as a customer. I noticed that AMS is very weak in this area and it kinda makes the applications look "old-fashioned".

One more thing, if you develop a capability to change the skin during runtime, this would be great as users could basically apply a theme by a simple mouse-click. This would open many more opportunities for the type of projects I do.
          Yours
          Pakapaka

Comment

• alsh3lan33
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2008

thank's upeters

for this informations and i will try the ActiveX and i will wait for you'r skin plugin

thank's again

Comment

• Ulrich
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Apr 2005

Ok, here it is - the first public version of my skinning action plugin. This version doesn't need LuaCom to work, and runs on Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista.

Get the plugin, create a new folder named "Skin" under your Plugins\Actions of your AutoPlay Media Studio installation folder, and decompress the zip file there.

A help file is included in the zip, but it can be seen online as well. For now there are only two methods, which are enough to skin the application. I will see if additional functions will be required.

A sample project can be downloaded here, or as compiled exe here. The sample is pretty simple:
              • Browse to the folder where skin files can be found (*.msstyles);
              • Select one skin in the left ListBox and the substyles (if available) will be displayed in the right ListBox;
              • Select a substyle and it will be immediately applied to the running application.

Here is a screenshot of the demo application:

Skin files (*.msstyles) can be found at lots of different sites. Here you can find the skins included in the free evaluation version of StyleXP (male edition) and a couple more. Of course if you use some third-party skin, you will have to clear with the author before distibuting his/her work with your application. Or you can build your own skin from scratch with a skin editor.

I haven't set up a web page for this plugin yet, but this won't take long.

Ulrich

Comment

• Dermot
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Apr 2004

Wow! that is fantastic, just what I needed for a project. Excellent work.
                Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• ShadowUK
                  No longer a forum member
                  • Oct 2007

What's up with it being a trial?

Comment

• Ulrich
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ShadowUK View Post
                    What's up with it being a trial?
                    Hello, thank you for your interest. You can use the plugin in your development environment for 5 days for your testing. During this period it works without any limitations - you get just an annoying popup everytime the plugin is initialized by AMS. If you think that you will keep the plugin and use it in your projects, you can unlock the component following the instructions on my web page.

Ulrich

Comment

• Waldo
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Apr 2006

License Question

Ulrich,
                      I do much of my work at my home desktop computer, but I also have a laptop computer when I go to a customer site. I use the laptop for sales calls and also when finishing a project on a customer site.

My question is whether I will need two "codes" one for each computer to ensure that the skinning action plugin will work [especially at a customer site when I may need to update the AMS application and re-compile it]. Thanks.

Comment

• Ulrich
                        Indigo Rose Staff Member
                        • Apr 2005

Hello Waldo,

if you use the same username (Windows user account) on both computers, the same code should work. But if this doesn't apply to you, I can still give you a second code without any additional payment. This mechanism is in place only to avoid that somebody gets one code and gives it away to everybody else - I am sure that it won't make me rich at all.

Ulrich

Comment

• Waldo
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Apr 2006

Ulrich,
                          They are different...I will secure the requested information for both computers and will make the donation in the next day or so. Thank you!

Comment

• ShadowUK
                            No longer a forum member
                            • Oct 2007

I'll pay you in lua. :3

Sorry, I can't buy it then. I'll invest in Codejock instead.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • May 2006

IMO, useing registerd user and computer name is a bad system, if windows reinstalld computername changes

i have a dev machine, a games machine and a machine setup for the misses and kids, i have AMS installed on all 3, a plugin that i can only use on 1 is no good to me.
                              Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

Working...
                              X