• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arb
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2007

AMS Object Animator ver 1.0

After the TextAnimation plugin, I decided to make a tool for animating all of the objects also.

So there you go, all you need to do:

1. Run the application
    2. Input the information
    3. Draw the path of animation

At last you got two ways to input the code into your project file:

First; let the application put the code automaticliy By click on 'set Code', select the project am6 or am7 file, then paste the calling code wherever you want to start the animation.

Second; Click on 'Get Code' and paste the entire code wherever you want.

Here is some cartoon for example: :lol

Have fun & Bug report please
    Attached Files

:yesCute:yes:yesCute:yes:yesCute:yes

Comment

• FoxLeader
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2006

Wow, that's a nice idea. I will definitely have to try that!

Comment

• clueless
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2006

Thats cool :yes It might be an idea not to record every pixel but maybe 1/10 and then interpolate between the points for less code and a smoother motion.This could make editing the path once its been set quite simple to.

Comment

• arb
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by clueless View Post
          It might be an idea not to record every pixel but maybe 1/10 and then interpolate between the points for less code and a smoother motion.This could make editing the path once its been set quite simple to.
          You're right, I'll keep it in mind for version 2, and I also want to give user the option for putting the code on every parts of project that he wants.

Comment

• holtgrewe
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jul 2002

Very nice.
            Have you considered using the Timer event to accommodate concurrent animations?

Comment

• rexzooly
              No longer a forum member
              • Jul 2007

very nice been off with a ill pc now its all better again people have made some really good things AMS 7 .. kool work :yes

Comment

• arb
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by holtgrewe View Post
                Have you considered using the Timer event to accommodate concurrent animations?
                I didn't use timer event because I think maybe it's needed by user for other codes...

Originally posted by arb View Post
                and I also want to give user the option for putting the code on every parts of project that he wants.
                But I already think for doing somthing with timer, Thanks for suggestion.

Comment

• clueless
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2006

I'm doing some animation stuff at the moment that requires some interpolation functions , ill post some code when they are done. You may find it useful.

Comment

• arb
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by clueless View Post
                    You may find it useful.
                    Of course it will...,
                    Lets try somthing about time line, do u agree?

Comment

• clueless
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2006

i had no idea how involved interpolation is. ... me and my big mouth.
                      In general, linear interpolation between two quantities (scalars or vectors or any other quantities) can be written:

I = (1 - a) * V1 + a * V2 = V1 + a * (V2 - V1)

Where I is the interpolated value, V1 and V2 are the values you're interpolating between, and a is a parameter in the range [0, 1]. When a = 0, I = V1 and when a = 1, I = V2. When a is outside the range, you are extrapolating. The parameter, a, is called "normalized time" when it refers to the motion of objects.
                      Im working on the code now though, should have something in a day or so.. maybe.lol

Comment

• clueless
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2006

This is some of the best advice ive had on this subject so far..
                        Current.X = Start.X + (End.X - Start.X) * t
                        Current.Y = Start.Y + (End.Y - Start.Y) * t

Now t varies from 0 ( Current = Start ) to 1 (Current=End)
                        How you calculate t determines how the the point moves.

You can do a simple loop, and just add a constant value to t
                        t = t + 0.01 ..say
                        That will move the point from start to end in 100 "frames" (times round the loop)

Doing it that way means that if you have multiple points, moving along different lines.. all the points will reach the end of the line at the same time.
                        Regardless of how long each line is.

You could have a "end time" and calculate t based on that, and the number of frames you done so far.
                        t = FrameCount / EndTime
                        Each line could have it's own EndTime, so the points can reach the targets at different times.

You could them move at a constant speed instead, by calculating "EndTime" to be (related to) the length of line.
                        t = Speed * FrameCount / LengthofLine
                        would move the point "Speed" units (pixel?) per frame along the line.
                        Each line could have it's own Speed.

You could also calculate t based on "actual time ellapsed", rather than number of frames done.

The first bit is your "base"... makes the point move along the line.
                        Then it's how you calculate t that determines exactly how / how fast that happens.
                        This seems quite workable
                        Last edited by clueless; 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• TristanD
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2006

Very intresting Plugin

Comment

• arb
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Jul 2007

Thanks clueless in advice,

I'm working on a window Collapse/Expand project right now, and after release that i'll continue to upgrading the Animator, and of course i hope to not fire at company just for this high trafic of work. :yes

Comment

Working...
                            X