• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AutoPlayer2008
    Forum Member
    • May 2008

CD Labeler

I use Autoplay 5 and find it excellent. I can't find anywhere where the program can create CD Labels. Is it possible? If not, is there a recommended companion application so that graphics etc can be copied rather than being recreated?
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

CD labelling applications are companion software to CD/DVD authoring/burning software such as Nero or to printers and duplicators that can print directly to the disc surface.

AMS is software aimed at producing content of multimedia CD/DVD's for on screen display.

I regularly use the same artwork both in my AMS application and on the printed disc but via a dedicated app for our CD duplicators that is to say I use the same bitmap graphics but different applications each of which is meant for the job.

Comment

• FoxLeader
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2006

There's also the LighScribe technology for two colorsm labels. That's basic, but that's better than adding a paper label to a CD/DVD which can eventually break the drive.

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

There are also inkjet printable discs (both DVD-R and CD-R). We run them in bulk printers, but you can purchase regular inkjet printers by Epson (and possibly other companies, too) that will handle one disc at a time. The printable media is even available at some local electronics outlets. But, you'll get better pricing if you buy on line and in bulk.

As far as the layout label making software is concerned, I'm partial to SureThing Deluxe on Windows.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• AutoPlayer2008
          Forum Member
          • May 2008

Thanks for all the feedback. I now know for sure that there is no CD-Labeller facility within AutoPlay.

I use the printable CDs whcih create such a great finish. I'll look into the CD-Labeller software recommended.

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X