• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chevman74
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2008

Submit html file to server

Hey all,
    I'm trying to make an app where my mom can update the news section of her website. So i was just wondering if this is possible in AMS, Have her input to richtext box with sumbmit button then have it load the html file to the website.

There is no php on her server, So i have read a ton of info on but just not sure if this is possible.

Thanks
  • AGRO
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2000

If php is not installed on the server you have a good chance the server is running windows, not Linux. You can not set permissions on a windows server, on a Linux you can. If you wanted to upload a file to a server, you would need to set permissions.

I would put php on the server, it is free http://www.php.net/downloads.php

I made a site for a 6th grade teacher where she can log onto her site and update the daily homework for the children and there parents . That uses Flash/PHP/MySQL. You might want to entertain that for a solution. A basic database might be easier and more reliable.

Comment

• RizlaUK
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2006

why not embed some WYSIWYG html editor in a web object (like ***Editor) and upload the html with AMS FTP actions
      Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• FoxLeader
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2006

+1 for RizlaUK. That is the best and easiest option since its sometimes just that the free webserver doesnt have PHP installed and that you just cant install it.

Comment

• chevman74
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2008

Thanks for the all the tips guys, So let me see if i understand this right.

I need to embed ***Editor into my AMS app, at this point it would upload said html file to server? This sounds like it would probably work. So i will see how i do with this.
          Thanks again

Comment

• Canter
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Nov 2007

I've tried past and present to use ***editor in the browser object (as opposed to on a remote server, which works fine), but run into numerous problems (at least on Vista). First, IE pops up the annoying scripting errors message - though that can be disabled. When the local page does come up, it can't be edited - the ***editor tool bars show, but clicking on an area to edit causes it to be disabled.

This problem is one with IE as it also happens if you try opening an ***editor page in IE directly. It does not happen with Firefox.

If anyone is successfully using ***editor within the browser object for local files, or knows of another javaScript editor that can be used that way, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Comment

• RizlaUK
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • May 2006

TextAreaPro by http://akwebtools.com is a good free WYSIWYG java editor, iv used and seen it used in some apps but i cant find a working link for it, the project seems to have been abandond, iv got it somewhere, if i find it (after checking the licence) i'll post it.

EDIT, got it
              Last edited by RizlaUK; 02-01-2009, 11:34 AM.
              Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• Canter
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Nov 2007

Looks like the site doesn't exist anymore. I have tried it however, and it does work, but isn't full-featured enough for my needs.

I don't suppose there is any chance that in the future AMS will use a non-IE browser object?

Comment

Working...
                X