don't extract source files and don't show them in winrar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delta
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2007

don't extract source files and don't show them in winrar?

Hi!
    any chance to make Web/Email executable when running him not extract files source files out and then run them? even if it will slow it down...
    or really hide them... don't know how... but not when user setting where too (it's usually not so good) or to default temp...

and to make this file (Web/Email executable) not to show file names when someone is opening him with winrar... -maybe something like winrar's option: encrypt file names?
  • rexzooly
    No longer a forum member
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Delta View Post
    Hi!
    any chance to make Web/Email executable when running him not extract files source files out and then run them? even if it will slow it down...
    or really hide them... don't know how... but not when user setting where too (it's usually not so good) or to default temp...

and to make this file (Web/Email executable) not to show file names when someone is opening him with winrar... -maybe something like winrar's option: encrypt file names?
    if you really wanted to hid them and have them execact to another place by making a boot loader that as all the files in that could run then copy the files
    and the have them be deleted from the temps
    or makes a downloader that downlaods the files to a hidden location.

Comment

• RizlaUK
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2006

i am working on a tool to make secure web exe files, but it will not be free, i put production on hold as i have not yet got a license for the control i have used, if this is something that you need and are willing to pay for i will finish the app
      Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• Delta
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2007

hid them and have them execact to another place
        usually need to know how the "tree folder" of user's is builded or ur "hidded" folder will be standalone... :lol

p.s.
        RizlaUK thanks. but i'll try a free solutions for now... (if they be)

Comment

• RizlaUK
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2006

RizlaUK thanks. but i'll try a free solutions for now...
          you need to use a program that makes a sfx that winrar can not read, there are some out there, just need to test them

Comment

• Delta
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2007

can't AMS do this with all the md5 and blowfish inside?

Comment

• RizlaUK
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • May 2006

not really, we have no control over the web shell excutable, well not much anyway, thats why i decided to make my own exe wrapper (create's sfx archives that winrar can not read), it works and its quite effective but i can not distrbute it yet.

Comment

• Delta
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2007

some1 told me that Setup Factory can do this...
                is it true?

Comment

• ShadowUK
                  No longer a forum member
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                  some1 told me that Setup Factory can do this...
                  is it true?
                  Yes, setup factory executables are not openable in WinRAR.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • May 2006

Yes, setup factory executables are not openable in WinRAR.
                    any install maker should be able to make a exe that cant be opend by winrar, i think IR intentions with the web exe was to just give us something to package the project in, it has a little securty, but i think its more of a conveniance thing than securty.

Comment

• ShadowUK
                      No longer a forum member
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
                      any install maker should be able to make a exe that cant be opend by winrar, i think IR intentions with the web exe was to just give us something to package the project in, it has a little securty, but i think its more of a conveniance thing than securty.
                      And to think AMS was intended for AutoPlay menus and we're programming almost everything with it :P

Comment

• Centauri Soldier
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Jun 2007

How you doing on that program Riz?
                        https://github.com/CentauriSoldier

Comment

• qwerty
                          Forum Member
                          • Oct 2006

i was keeping an eye on this thread for exactly that reason too :P

hopefully he might have time to finish it, i'm curious to see what he's come up with, i've seen setup factory files packed inside AMS web exe's in the past quite successfully, however i have no idea how the setup factory ones work when executed, or if you can make them run silently.... and without triggering alarm bells in spyware and AV tools.

Also, buying setup factory just to use it as a security wrapper for AMS is a little costly

For now i will stick to the protrction i have running in my tools, where it runs a timer on the temp file and slams it closed if the variables in the windows title matches, or deletes the source files if it finds itself running from inside another application ! or if the md5/crc file check fails along with encrypting 90% of the files in the Docs folder, so if anyone does get in there, then they have to deal with the encryption on those files as well

by the time they have got to that stage, i hope they get bored !!

Comment

Working...
                          X