• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliminator
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2005

Retrieve USB command...???

Hi,

I've been working on a projet that needs to retrieve a usb command... It's a mini controler with a cancel up and down arrows and an enter key. The app that comes with, work perfectly, like if it was a keyboard, but I cannot get anything from it... I mean that I tried to use the on e_Key event to get what is the number of the key used but nothing... and I don't know if there is a dll or something like that, that would be available...

Thanks

Eliminator
  • Protocol
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Hmmm... I believe the e_Key function only retrieves actual pressed keys. I would suggest coding your own graphic keyboard for this purpose if you're up to the task. It would ultimately give you more control over the project.
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• Eliminator
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2005

Thanks, but I really don't know how to do this... so is there anything existing?

Thanks
      Eliminator

Comment

• Protocol
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2002

What is it that you want to do? I understand that some people feel sensative about sharing the nature of their projects, but this forum is a pretty save cove to dock your boat. The natives are friendly and have food and supplies for your journey... lol.

Comment

• rexzooly
          No longer a forum member
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Protocol View Post
          What is it that you want to do? I understand that some people feel sensative about sharing the nature of their projects, but this forum is a pretty save cove to dock your boat. The natives are friendly and have food and supplies for your journey... lol.
          I that we do i am having a porblem making a OSK myself i have a keyboad image and some keys maped just unable to sent to key strokes to the system.

Comment

• Protocol
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Oct 2002

Have you tried Worm's blessed keystrokes.dll for this? It sends keystrokes and key-combinations quite beautifully. Found here: http://www.warmuskerken.com/SendKeys.htm
            Last edited by Protocol; 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• rexzooly
              No longer a forum member
              • Jul 2007

Have you tried Worm's blessed keystrokes.dll for this? It sends keystrokes and key-combinations quite beautifully. Found here: http://www.warmuskerken.com/SendKeys.htm
              No not yet i have tryed the older version of it or something like it.

Comment

• Protocol
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Oct 2002

Yeah, I used it in my auto-saving program: www.EverydayLogic.com for an Alt-F-S function. Been working great for years. =)

Comment

• rexzooly
                  No longer a forum member
                  • Jul 2007

Yeah, I used it in my auto-saving program: www.EverydayLogic.com for an Alt-F-S function. Been working great for years. =)
                  hey that looks like my cyber caff software well kinda mine was more of a Windows GUI replasement but same idea lol

Comment

• Protocol
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Oct 2002

=)

Yeah, I built it for my father-in-law's cafe. He needed a multi-language, network-free managment solution that was hands-free as well. This one works off of the concept of avery labels applied to sellable business cards. The numbers work forever and track the user's time. They can buy them in blocks of 15 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins, or 60 mins. The network version's coming out soon. Just have to work out a few bugs and can't seem to get the time to break away to do so... lol.

Comment

• rexzooly
                      No longer a forum member
                      • Jul 2007

=)

Yeah, I built it for my father-in-law's cafe. He needed a multi-language, network-free managment solution that was hands-free as well. This one works off of the concept of avery labels applied to sellable business cards. The numbers work forever and track the user's time. They can buy them in blocks of 15 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins, or 60 mins. The network version's coming out soon. Just have to work out a few bugs and can't seem to get the time to break away to do so... lol.
                      just downloading it i want to see what you did diff to what i did

as i want to revist Cyber Soft thats what i called my ICaffee software

i still have my site on my HDD as back up somewhere i lost my Vbox maker tho :(

Comment

• Protocol
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Oct 2002

Yeah, you're more than welcome to help out with its development. I was looking for development partners in the past with other programs as I'm a bit overwhelmed with doing it all myself (marketing, development, support, etc.). I've got 30 similar programs half-built. Some of them are cooler and much more useful, I just don't have the finances to finish them. CC just got listed at Download.com and it's getting a lot of hits. People are starting to write me telling me how they love it (mainly because it's pretty much install and sell tokens - the management software does the policing and instructing). They're writing me and asking for additional features (such as networked support). Though the features they're asking for aren't much work at all to add (I built CC to be easily updatable - modularized), it's still a free program based on ad sales.

For instance, the networked version has been created, I just haven't had a chance to debugg it for a stable release. I may make that version a flat-fee version and give them (the cafe owner) the advertising space. That'd be kinda cool, but again... I'm working on a much larger project now that'll take care of my retirement, so it's taking presedence. =)

Sorry for hijacking this post. As far as projects go, I'm always looking for someone who can help. As you can see from the prices on the site, it's mainly for the love of product development. =)
                        Last edited by Protocol; 04-07-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• rexzooly
                          No longer a forum member
                          • Jul 2007

Yeah, you're more than welcome to help out with its development. I was looking for development partners in the past with other programs as I'm a bit overwhelmed with doing it all myself (marketing, development, support, etc.). I've got 30 similar programs half-built. Some of them are cooler and much more useful, I just don't have the finances to finish them. CC just got listed at Download.com and it's getting a lot of hits. People are starting to write me telling me how they love it (mainly because it's pretty much install and sell tokens - the management software does the policing and instructing). They're writing me and asking for additional features (such as networked support). Though the features they're asking for aren't much work at all to add (I built CC to be easily updatable - modularized), it's still a free program based on ad sales.

For instance, the networked version has been created, I just haven't had a chance to debugg it for a stable release. I may make that version a flat-fee version and give them (the cafe owner) the advertising space. That'd be kinda cool, but again... I'm working on a much larger project now that'll take care of my retirement, so it's taking presedence. =)

i would really be intested in helping in anyway
                          its a same i lost the cyber soft's main coding i think you would of liked it, it as working from a server for the users so the user could us any system with there own username and password. With if they forgot the username they just told the desk peep there real name and post code and they would be able to sort it our for them.

i really was upset when i lost that data i but alot of work in to it.

Comment

• Protocol
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Oct 2002

I want to give this post back to Eliminator's request, but I'll PM you later with some ideas.

Comment

• rexzooly
                              No longer a forum member
                              • Jul 2007

I want to give this post back to the gent who started it, but I'll PM you later with some ideas.
                              Ooops sorry did not mean to steal the post way sorry

Ya thanks i will keep a eye out for your PM i get emailed now when i get a new one.

Comment

Working...
                              X