• adreampicture
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2007

need help with swf

Can anybody help?
    I added swf to my project, add folowing code to the "On Show" page:

Flash.Load("Flash1", "AutoPlay\\Flash\\myfile.swf", true, true);
    Flash.Play("Flash1");

But when built preview have just blank screen. When right click it seems ike there is a flash object there, but it doesn't play.
    thanks
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

When you add a flash object you specify the flash file and the 'Autostart' and 'Loop' attributes default to true. What happens if you take the code out of the 'On Show' and just run a preview?

Presumably your swf plays OK standalone i.e. are you sure that there's nothing wrong with it?

Comment

• adreampicture
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2007

I built the project and now it works fine (I had flash file on the network, and as soon as I moved it to my computer it's starts playing). Anyway.... The now problem is: burned CD plays flash on my computer, but doesn't work on any other machine. I checked CD on all 5 office computers with latest flash installed - everything works fine (audio, buttons, etc), but Flash doesn't even starts. Please advise.
      Dmtiriy

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

The first thing I would suggest is setting the project dependencies for flash (version whatever is appropriate) and see what happens.

On a machine where the flash file doesn't play, close the Autoplay application down and then explore the CD and go to the flash folder. Double click the flash file and see if it plays that way.

Have you checked the "Auto start" property for the flash object?

I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Comment

• Loes
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2007

Did you try a fresh rebuild? Rename the flash file, import it again, be sure to rename the flash object in the object tree on the left too to something you recognize and check if eeverything is linking to the right file. Then try again.
          I had this once when I was sure I did everything right. Turned out I had an emtpy Flash1 object but the real flash object was named Flash2. Since then I rename the files just to be sure I am linking to the right stuff.

It's really a very simple, and just too obvious solution, but heck, if it helps...

Loes

Comment

Working...
          X