• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Animl
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2006

Tree flicker issue

I don't get it, it drives me insane. I'm using v6.5.

Any time I get a project with events on both Tree Select and On Check the tree flickers from the newly selected node, back to the previous, then back to the current selected node again.

At one point I simply changed the names of the table to get node info, that works for a while, it later returns after editing the script somewhere else. Then I found that using e_NodeIndex on one and not the other worked. After editing it then returns.

I've had this issue with every single project I've built. I figure something out,... and change something, fix it, edit something else and it comes back.

I remove the srcipt from the On Check page and it goes away, put it back it happens again. FINE, so I start "--" to every single line except IF statements, it's gone. I start enabling them one by one to catch the you know what and After enabled a label set text event it returns. Not only who would have thought a Label event would effect a Tree menu, but why? I got AMS down pretty good, every time I work with a tree object I feel like it's my first BBQ. I have a feeling it's not the label even becaus every time I think I figured it out it happns due to something else. I can't send any software out like that.

So what IS the secret to avoiding this ugly issue. This is really really obnoxious and aggrivating to no end. Iknow somewhere I am not understanding something, but I've wasted WAY too much time on it to bother anymore. I really need a clue here.

What is the secret to controling this issue?

Usually I post in here every time it happens, think I found a solution, post apologizing for wasting people's time, and it returns. I'm not folding on it this time I REALLY need an answer to control this issue, it's wasting TONS of my time. Right now I just put 3 hours into it and got now where, last night it was 2. The only thing that works is no script on the On Check page.

Can anyone PLEASE throw me a bone on this issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    I just do not get it. :(
Working...
X