• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sside
    • Dec 2003

MessageExchanger Library

MessageExchanger.dll v.1.0.0.0

A very easy way to exchange messages between two computers. You can send a message from one computer to another based on the ip address or computer name. It can be used as a chat app or other purposes.

Functions:
    1. SendMessage
    2. ReceiveMessage
    3. GetMessageCount
    4. GetError

.Net 2.0 required

With Kind Regards
    sside
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

cool, i was looking at useing the pb network functions in AMS but have not done anything yet, this looks like what i would have needed, thanks for another great dll sside :yes

EDIT:

if i run the application twice (for local testing) the second app crashed at runtime, is there anything that can be done or is there no localhost loop
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• sside
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
      if i run the application twice (for local testing) the second app crashed at runtime, is there anything that can be done or is there no localhost loop
      This is the error you should get:
      Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
      When you start the app, the dll starts listening for incoming messages.
      If you start a second app, it also want to start to listen for incoming messages. Because it is not allowed for 2 apps to listen at the same time at the same port, an exception will be thrown. And so you get the crash.

I will adjust the code to prevent the crashing.

By the way, application can also speak to itself.

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
      i was looking at useing the pb network functions in AMS but have not done anything yet
      Take your time, networking is always an interesting subject.

With Kind Regards
      sside

Comment

• sside
        • Dec 2003

Fixed the crash issue when a second instance of application is started. (Version remains unchanged).

If one wants to let two or more applications in same computer to exchange messages with each other it requires different approach.

I wrote this dll with the idea in my mind to let applications in different computers exchange messages which each other.

With Kind Regards
        sside

Comment

• FoxLeader
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2006

Wow. I have no use of it right now, :lol but that seems an *outstading* work!

Thanks a lot for that sharing

Comment

• RizlaUK
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2006

I wrote this dll with the idea in my mind to let applications in different computers exchange messages which each other.
            Yes, i understand that but for testing only its handy to utilize the locahost loop, if i had to copy the app to another computer every time i wanted to preview, it would take forever to build the project

Thanks so much for the update, this is really something i can use :yes
            Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• sside
              • Dec 2003

MessageExchanger.dll v.1.0.0.1

Now it is possible to open more instances (local & network) of the application utilizing MessageExchanger.dll.

.Net 2.0 required.

With Kind Regards
              sside

Comment

• rexzooly
                No longer a forum member
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sside View Post
                Now it is possible to open more instances (local & network) of the application utilizing MessageExchanger.dll.

.Net 2.0 required.

With Kind Regards
                sside
                i am working on something very simpler to this and i am looking in to
                your way to work with it.

dose this support vista?

and would it be able to send images or a comand to show a image.
                thanks

Comment

• sside
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by rexzooly View Post
                  dose this support vista?
                  Yes. My tests are done in xp sp2 and vista.

Originally posted by rexzooly View Post
                  and would it be able to send images or a comand to show a image.
                  Yes. One example would be to send the image as base64 string (the same way the attachments are sent with email) in the data part of the message and in the text part of the message to send the command. Ams6 and 7 has an option to get a file as base64. In principe you can send/receive any file. It is up to you how to adapt the message structure in practice.

With Kind Regards
                  sside

Comment

• rexzooly
                    No longer a forum member
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sside View Post
                    Yes. My tests are done in xp sp2 and vista.

Yes. One example would be to send the image as base64 string (the same way the attachments are sent with email) in the data part of the message and in the text part of the message to send the command. Ams6 and 7 has an option to get a file as base64. In principe you can send/receive any file. It is up to you how to adapt the message structure in practice.

With Kind Regards
                    sside
                    i don't know where to start with is i have been able to use standard it comands for playing sounds if a user sends a sound work eg esYahoo
                    would be the Yahoo sould like in there messenger a new version of my lan
                    massanger with this dll for the vista fix can be found at

i am just doing the installer now and i will be uploading the new version please
                    feel free to download it and test it.

Sound comands are:

esSpits
                    esYahoo

more will be added in the future.
                    maybe you could be me somehow help me get smilys to work
                    i was thinking of more of a wink idea so the image will show up
                    when a image comand as been sent.

Comment

Working...
                    X