• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nismo505
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Winamp Window Title

Window.Find cannot find the winamp's title and store it in %hWnd% variable. I need to find a way to minimize winamp. Does Window.Find works with wildcards? like *winamp*? Please someone help. Thanks in advace.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Winamp Window Title

Shows up fine here... Shows up as Playlist. (no matter what type of file I run)

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• nismo505
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2003

What do you mean it shows up as playlist? I want to minimize, restore winamp, but since winamp's window title includes the song's name so the name is always changing.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Like I say, over here it shows up as playlist no matter what's playing, I'm not sure how to explain it any simpler than that. Hope that helps, if not maybe one of the other users has some insight to offer, that's about the extent of my knowledge on the topic...

Corey Milner

Comment

• nismo505
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2003

Hhmm, I am running winamp2 and it doesnt show up as "playlist". Are you using winamp3?

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Yes.

Corey Milner

Comment

• nismo505
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2003

is there another way to get the window's title? i guess Window.Find can only take exact titles. ams should add wildcard feature into window.find in the next version.

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

It currently already get's all open windows titles into a delimited string, you can easily search that string using wildcards...

Corey Milner

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Sep 2002

I use Winamp 2.whatever is current and the problem I am finding is that there are multiple windows listed when you get titles. Here are the ones that were listed on my system when I was playing a song.

Winamp Minibrowser
                  Winamp Equalizer
                  Winamp Playlist Editor
                  1. Artist names - song title - Winamp

I captured the open windows and wrote the names to a text file for easier reading. I then found the one that contained the song title by doing a search for "- Winamp" and tried to minimize it. It said that hwnd does not point to a valid window title. I then tried all the others and those did not work either. Don't know what is going on but I will continue to play around with it
                  TJ-Tigger
                  "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                  "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                  Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• nismo505
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2003

How do i search for "- winamp" string in a delimiter variable and pass it on to the minimize function?

Comment

• Lorne
                      Indigo Rose Staff Member
                      • Feb 2001

Create a loop to check each item in the delimited string, one at a time.

To check each item, just use a String - Find action to search for "- Winamp" in it. If it's found, then you have a match, so use that window handle.

Note that Winamp's window can be configured to do some unusual things, like only appear in the system tray, and such. I doubt that any of those settings will interfere with the ability to get the window handle or minimize the window, but you never know.
                      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• nismo505
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2003

thanks Lorne, but that's what i did and the Find delimiter function returns an inaccurate index position. Like the winamp main window is positioned at 1, but the Find delimiter returns a value of 92 or sometimes 0. i made a edit box and a list box to check the values. i also made winamp to appear in both taskbar and system tray and the results are the same.

Comment

• nismo505
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2003

function returns an inaccurate index position. Like the winamp main window is positioned at 1, but the Find delimiter returns a value of 92 or sometimes 0. i made a edit box and a list box to check the values. i also made winamp to appear in both taskbar and system tray and the results are the same.

Comment

• Lorne
                            Indigo Rose Staff Member
                            • Feb 2001

There is no "find delimiter" action. You should be creating a while loop, with String.Count Delimited Strings and String.GetDelimitedString, and String.Find to check for a match once you have the item.

Post the code you used. It sounds like you had a flaw in your algorithm.

--[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• nismo505
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2003

On page initialize

%WndTitles% = Window.GetTitles

On button mouse click

%FoundPos% = String.Find ("%WndTitles%","- Winamp", 0)
                              %NewString% = String.GetDelimitedString ("%WndTitles%", ";;", %FoundPos%)
                              Window.Minimize (%NewString%)

Sorry i don't know how to make a while loop. Please show me how.

Comment

Working...
                              X