X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DreemtheeF

AutoPlay Media studio4.0 "mailto:" ???

Hello and thanx for reading.

Used version 3 for a long time and it was easy to assign an image (picture) as a "mailto:" link, when the mouse cursor was clicked. It's been a long long time since I've used it (version 3) but I think it was an option on a drop down menu. I'm helping out a friend and he is using AutoPlay Media studio4.0. Lots of very nice improvements to version 4 but I can not for the life of me find out to do the "mailto:" link.
    Basically I have a small picture of an email envelope. It changes color just slightly with mouse over and I want to have it open the user's default email application when clicked and use the 'mailto:' command to automatically enter the email address.
    Like any new version, it's a case of getting used to the new features and where things have been moved to.

Keep up the good work.

....DreeM [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: AutoPlay Media studio4.0 "mailto:" ???

From the knowledge base:

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• DreemtheeF

Re: AutoPlay Media studio4.0 "mailto:" ???

Thanx 4 the quick reply.

Just the job [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

....DreeM [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• RobertB
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Nov 2000

Re: Re: AutoPlay Media studio4.0 "mailto:" ???

Originally posted by Corey
        From the knowledge base:
        http://www.indigorose.com/ubbthreads...o=0&fpart=
        I cannot get to this past thread on the new forum....keeps sending me in a loop.

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Oct 2003

New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• RobertB
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Nov 2000

thanks Ted...

Actually, what I was looking for was a past thread that I had bookmarked....which decribed how to to the string of ?subject=%20test%20copy.

I always forget the protocal for preformatting...so, I got my need met.

Everything kewl here....

Comment

• longedge
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Aug 2003

my thanks as well - just what I've been scratching my head over recently. Works great with the subject and body parameters as well but.

Just one question. Is it possible to drop the cursor at the end of the body text? Focus stays in the subject field.

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

Not any easy way, the thing about mailto is that it's a monkey. Depending on which email client your end user is using, mailto acts very differently in may scenarios and it's not a very customizable method of doing things. It's basically just a quick way to get an email open with your address in it, anything more detailed is usually done using a form of some sort...

Corey Milner

Comment

• longedge
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Aug 2003

...yeh well I'm more than happy with this evenings work. As a bonus I've realised that I can do e.g. file.open http://www.indigorose.com - up to now I've been creating html pages and then incorporating them into my build to facilitate web links - dohhhh..

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

Cool! Yes I use web objects a lot personally being a PHP guy, amazing what you can do with them... It's like a reversal of the "EXPORT TO WEB" feature, i.e. "IMPORT FROM WEB".

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                    X