PDA

View Full Version : On Startup question #2

TimeSurfer
01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to use a timer in the on startup event.
I know Worm's timer plugin does this. But at this point in time I can't afford it [after buying ams7] even though its relatively cheap. If there are any alternatives please let me know.

And Worm the timer plugin is a great piece of work so dont get discouraged by this post. I just cant afford to buy anything else atm. But I do look forward to buying some of your plugins as soon as I get out of my current financial crisis.

Best Regards,

TimeSurfer

Worm
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
what do you need to do with the timer? A little more info please.

And no worries, no offense taken.

TimeSurfer
01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
im trying to make the progress meter in the status dlg move in step with the bat file so that way by the time the bat is finished the meter is full. it takes the bat file anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds to complete.

Worm
01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
How are you getting feedback from the bat file? Or are you simply thinking that it'll take X number of seconds, so move the progress bar from 0 to 100 in intervals?

TimeSurfer
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
ya basically i just want to move it in intervals. I can accomplish this with a page timer by setting the timer interval to 10000ms,the meter range to 1000 and by incrementing the meter pos by 1 every 10ms and then when the bat finishes autoforce the meter to 1000 which its at about 970 anyways when it finishes. but theres isnt a timer for an on start event which is what i need because the file the bat creates has to be there when the 1st page shows.

Worm
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Are you using the wait in File.Run to know when to continue?

TimeSurfer
01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
yes i am. once the bat finishes the 1st page will show

Worm
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
How about turning that option off (wait for return), but after the File.Run use a loop to watch for the file you're waiting for. In essence, that will halt your app until the file is there anyhow. Inside that loop, you could increment the progress bar. Make sense?

TimeSurfer
01-11-2008, 04:14 PM
How about turning that option off (wait for return), but after the File.Run use a loop to watch for the file you're waiting for. In essence, that will halt your app until the file is there anyhow. Inside that loop, you could increment the progress bar. Make sense?

awesome bro i never thought of doing it that way. makes perfect sense.
your a godsent man thanks so much :)

You DEFININATELY are the WORMINATOR =p

Ch33rs,

TimeSurfer