• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loes
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2007

Distorted text on swf-slideshow

Hi everyone,

I made a slide show with a third party program (Wondershare flash slideshow builder), where I added some subtitles to the various slides. When I export to swf-file and watch the slide show in my browser, things look great. But when I import the swf-slideshow into my AMS project and play, the subtitles don't show as smooth anymore (no anti alias on the text anymore).

Any ideas how to improve it? I used the same width and height attributes "restore original" as in the original swf file, so that can't be the cause of the distortion.

As an alternative: is it possible to add subtitles / annotiations to a slideshow object created directly in AMS? (I have version 7). Because those subtitles are the only reason I used the other program to create the slide show as a swf-file, instead of using the built-in Slideshow object in AMS.
    And I would like the sub-titles to fade in and out, rather than put them directly as text on the jpg-slides.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Loes
  • holtgrewe
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

loes,
    Sorry - don't know anything about Wondershare.

I don't think there is an opacity property on the label, rich text, or paragraph objects (that would be a nice feature). (Rich text and paragraph objects do have transparent backgrounds - you may be able to do some desired effect with that.)

You may possibly play around with the size property where you could bring the text objects at a very small size to a readable size. Then maybe reverse it to simulate the fadeout to 'invisible'.

Another thought could be to slide or "fly" the text in.

Incremental changing the text color (could get into some serious code) may be another way.

Incrementally changing font size may have a desired effect.

Maybe others out there have some ideas or maybe a dll to handle this.

hth

Comment

• yosik
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Try and use High quality under the settings tab instead of autohigh.

Yossi

Comment

• Loes
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2007

Thanks!! The setting "High" instead of "AutoHigh" did the trick!!

Loes
        Last edited by Loes; 01-08-2008, 04:06 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
        X