• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loes
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2007

Slideshow navigation in V7

Is it possible to add a navigation control (pause, next, previous, fast forward, replay etc) for a SlideShow object in version 7?
    I have searched this forum and only found the possibility to create a separate page for each slide and use the page jump action. But that was the advise for previous versions. Can it be done easier in version 7?

Thanks in advance,

Loes
  • Mina
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2005

Have you tried searching the Help File?

Code:
    SlideShow.Navigate
    SlideShow.Pause
    SlideShow.Play

Comment

• Loes
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2007

Thanks, Yes I did search the help-file as well as the User Guide (I am in the business of writing tutorials for embroidery and drawing software, so I will probably be one of the 10 people on this planet who actually use help files <ggg>). I saw that script, but no "handles" on it, so I just had no idea what to do with it.

Meanwhile I found a template inside AMS with a slideshow that uses 4 navigation buttons and I learned that the buttons control the slideshow (I was looking for controls in the slideshow-object itself). So I copied and pasted those buttons into my test-project and things work like a charm.

Learning a bit more every day and "studying" the templates by clicking on each object and looking at the properties is a good way to learn the software too. So slowly, but steadily I will get there!

Thanks again,

Loes

Comment

• Mihaly
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2004

Hi Les,
        Sorry I don't have the link but what you want to do has been posted with the script. A search in AMS5 or AMS6 will give you what you want.

Mihaly

Comment

• FoxLeader
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2006

Les >> I think that studiying other's code is the best (and most interesting) way to learn. You just need to be careful since some has bad scripting habits (me? XD). But I like that way better, with the help of the help file to understand better.

Originally posted by Mihaly View Post
          Hi Les,
          Sorry I don't have the link but what you want to do has been posted with the script. A search in AMS5 or AMS6 will give you what you want.

Mihaly
          The slideshow object is a new object which isn't availble in previous AMS versions.
          Anyway, I think Les has what he wants
          Last edited by FoxLeader; 12-30-2007, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Loes
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Dec 2007

Thanks again for the tips. Studying the various scipts is indeed helping me a lot: I'm not as scared by scripts anymore as I was a couple of days ago
            And yes, I have meanwhile found what I needed for the slideshow.
            I am almost ready now to start working on my first real AMS project and apply everything I learned so far in my test project.

For my previous tutorials I have been using DemoShield (by InstallShield/Macrovision). But as the developers have put that program to sleep I needed something else and found AutoPlay Media Studio.

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

Loes (which is short for Louise

Comment

• FoxLeader
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Les View Post
              Loes (which is short for Louise
              Ah.. sorry

Happy New Years eve too! (I'll really enjoy my New Year... on the beach )

Comment

• Dermot
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Apr 2004

and I guess Les is short for Loes
                Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• pjborg
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2001

When you are looking at the Help file, each Action Reference (such as SlideShow.Navigate), has an "Examples" tab up at the top. I struggled for a few days until someone kindly told me about those. :yes

pj

Comment

• Loes
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Dec 2007

Thanks! I totally overlooked that one!

Loes

Comment

• Loes
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dermot View Post
                      and I guess Les is short for Loes
                      Ehm, to tell you the truth: I made a stupid typo when registering for the forum. Tried to corrrect it, but haven't found a way to change Les into Loes in my acount settings

And... New Year's Eve on the beach?? In Canada? Chilllll!

Loes

Comment

• FoxLeader
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2006

In Cuba I'm on the plane by 5', and to the resort by 9'30 then just having fun for the rest of the night. Yay!

For a warm beach in Canada, during winter... maybe in Nunavut? :lol

Anyway, I think you're right on the username point... there's no way for users to change it. If it's important for you, maybe you should try PM an IR admin? They should be able to do it from the backend.

Comment

• Mihaly
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Dec 2004

Had a little time this morning and here’s the information about Slideshows in AMS5 & AMS6..

scroll down to Slideshow-others-worm.apz

In AMS6 – a search on the word "Slideshow" will produce about 20 plus hits
                          Here is just one of them

In AMS5 – a search on the word "Slideshow" will produce over 40 hits.

Here’s an excellent link that talks about “How to pause an AMS slideshow?”

enjoy,

Mihaly

Comment

Working...
                          X