• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haythamg
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2007

Files not registering_HELP

I am very disappointed (not with the program..I like it a lot) with files not registering. I have worked on a project for 3 days without sleep then I decided to use the optimise tool and it erased the whole content of the project. I used the confirm delet option but I didn't expect that all the files were to be deleted. I thought maybe the program made copies or something.
    Anyway, I can't get any of my files to register with the program.
    If I try to link a button with a file then use optimise, it just deletes that file?????????
    I'll show you with pics. Guys I need a solution. Deadline coming up.
    ==========

I am waiting for your help. Thanks.
  • Loes
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2007

hmm, scary! Did you try opening one of the backup files?
    There's a folder called AutoSave in My Documents\AutoPlay Media Studio 7.0\Projects\name of your project\Autosave.

Hope this helps,

You still need a reply why this happened though, but hopefully you will have your files back now

Loes

Comment

• haythamg
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2007

Thanks. For no reason after deleting all my files now I started over and it's ok but got another proplem. My project includes files with following extensions:
      flv, ivr, rm, wmv, wma and flash. For some reason when optimising it deletes the wmv and wma files. Why is this? They are only links to these files. I didn't ask AMS7 to play them. They should depend on the PC that the project will be run on if it has the program to play it or not, right? Why are the files being deleted?

Comment

• Loes
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2007

FoxLeader, Intrigued, Worm, Mina - your expert help is needed

Hi,

The Optimize function will delete files that are not in use. So somehow AMS doesn't know that the WMV files are in use, just in case the user's computer can't play the flash files. That means that the link to those WMV files is not active enough.

I am sure there must be a scripting way to get this done, but I am a total non-scipt person - have no clue whatsoever, so my workaround would be to let the user choose between playing the right type of files: so make a button to playto play the flash files and make another button ("if movie doesn't start, click here") for the WMV movies. That way both buttons are linking and active to both file types and AMS won't delete them when using the Optmize function.

But there are really smart folks out here who could help you get it done the proper way with scripting!!

So FoxLeader, Intrigued, Worm, Mina could you please jump in here ?

Loes (still a true beginner)

Comment

• pjborg
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2001

I made a "Memory" game that dynamically loads images at run time, so the images are in the proper resources folder, but are not loaded on the page at design time, only at run time. AMS wanted to remove those images when I Optimized Resources.

You say "They are only links to these files." Could you have a similar situation to mine? Just a thought.

pj

Comment

• FoxLeader
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2006

Wow. I'm asked equally as The Masters. I'm impressed

Anyway, could you explane better what you mean by "linked" ? I think that by the time they're referenced in the project, they shouldn't be deleted.
            But I don't know how this referencing works...

Comment

Working...
            X