• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mystica
    No longer a forum member
    • May 2007

Question about Distributing Projects with Flash Objects

Hi,

I have a question about projects with flash objects. If I'm distributing a project that has a flash-object embedded, and the end-user doesn't have the necessary flash.ocx on their machine; is their a better solution than using the "Flash Notification" in Project Properties?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to pack the needed flash.ocx with my executable and have it run & install on the user's machine before my page appears. I've tried doing this, using a flash.ocx that I remade with a silent-switch, and packing it into the executable with a time-delay ... but it doesn't really work because the page always loads before the flash.ocx has properly installed itself. The result is that the flash-object is unviewable on the end-user's machine when the executable loads. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

2 part response:
    1. I wouldn't install ANYTHING on an user machine without his knowledge.
    2. You could add an install button for your ocx on the page so as to give the user the oportunity to install what is necessary.

Yossi

Comment

• Derek
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2001

I think you'll find the file is already included in windows, these days. Should be in
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
      -
      = Derek
      ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

Isn't this looked after in an elegant and user friendly way via Project/Dependencies? Don't know if things have changed in AMS7.

Comment

Working...
        X