• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doc13x
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2005

Set Default Browser

Hi - I sort of asked this in another thread, but I don't think I was clear in what I needed to do.

Here is the question. Can I set the AMS Browser as the default browser on a Kiosk workstation?

I am in a real bind because our new kiosk resource center touch-screen PCs need to access Internet content that is beyond our control, and when they click on a link with target=_blank - it launches a full IE browser - which is a bad thing for our purposes (we don't want address bars or the resource center PCs turn into facebook update sites - or worse).

Help??
  • Autoplayit07
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2007

Hi
    are you looking for some sort of restriction kind of a browser ,that opens the webpages inside your ams application witch will be inside your ams Kiosk mode?
    well am pretty sure that can be achived.
    but you would need to set up some restriction codes for it to disable some sites and sutge.
    if for example you dont want some pages to be able to be view'd by the user.
    you could get ams to disable those kind of a page/window.
    pretty easy done in ams am sure.
    i dont have an code example right now. am currently working on a project myself at the moment.but i am sure if you ask a more specified question.then am sure someone will give you a good example of this.

Comment

Working...
    X