• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

Is Mobile AMS7 Possible ?

IR: Is it possible to configure AMS7 to be mobile?
    I want to copy my installed folder to USB memory stick and be able to use it 'where ever'.

I realize there will be issues with reg entries etc. Perhaps there is a way of making a mobile reg file and adding a .lic file too so it can see registration/activation.

Just pondering and thinking out loud, really.
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]
  • Tuberculosis
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Derek View Post
    IR: Is it possible to configure AMS7 to be mobile?
    I want to copy my installed folder to USB memory stick and be able to use it 'where ever'.

I realize there will be issues with reg entries etc. Perhaps there is a way of making a mobile reg file and adding a .lic file too so it can see registration/activation.

Just pondering and thinking out loud, really.
    Hmm... we purchased a .mobi and will launch on there in Jan... your post made some lights go off....

Good post... thanks....

Comment

• Rainmanal
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2007

Is Mobile AMS7 Possible ?

I have managed to create multiple appications portable using Thinstall, this program allows you to package your application into an EXE that you can put on any portable drive. Hope this helps!

Was ist Virtualisierungssoftware? Virtualisierung von Linux mit VirtualBox. Installation eines virtuellen Windows in MacOS mit Parallels Desktop.

Comment

• FoxLeader
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2006

I know this was possible for AMS6 with Thinstall, so this would probably be with AMS7, but ensure you protect your device since that way, anybody could steal and use your license.

However, have a look at the License Agreement, maybe it prevents such uses.

Regards,
        FoxLeader

Comment

• Derek
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2001

Thanks for the link. Great idea and looks like a really cool 'utility'
          I think i'll skip that one tho ... doesn't warrant the 5k price tag, somehow!
          -
          = Derek
          ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Working...
          X