Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMP plugin stops playing when switching pages

Hi guys,
    I have a problem, I've read -all- 167 pages (AMS 6.0 subforum) and didn't find the answer i wanted. I usually don't ask for help but this time, im stuck at this.
    I did find something related with my problem and also a thread (wich I forgot to bookmark/save) in wich is mentioned that this is the default behaviour of WMP plugin, not playing when changing pages :(

I have six pages in my application, in the first page i have the media_player plugin from wich users can open an audio/video file but if I browse to another page, the plugin stops playing.

After reading a lot of this forum, I've asked a member here (on YM!) wich said it would post an example, since at that point I wasn't in hurry, I've waited... but no example, so now I'm asking you, all:

Is there a way I can solve this? How?

I need the media_player plugin or else my application in wich I've put a lot of time and effort will be very boring :(
    Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2007, 06:27 AM.
  • usernameCasper
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2006

Hey Blueme,

Have you already tried to inheret the WMP-page on other pages?

Hth,
    -Casper

Comment

Yes, I tried that and nothing, stops playback same as before.

I'm asking myself, why this plugin isn't that well documented.
      For example, you have the option to hide the transport controls but then you can't code Prev/Next?

In the plugin's help file, you have just "SEEK"

EDIT: Under the last post, there's "Similar threads" I just found that thread wich I forgot to bookmark: http://www.indigorose.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15518

I'm thinking (and hoping) that it must be a way to do this when you can do so much with AMS.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2007, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• usernameCasper
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2006

I don't know about this plugin, never used it.
        Can't you store the playlength in a global variable to be used in other pages
        to set the position ?

Maybe that works, if it won't I can't help you, maybe someone else.

Hth,
        Casper

Comment

Doing that won't do me any good, even if it would work it would be a gap when switching pages, besides that I use streams as well..

Thanks for trying to help Casper.

Comment

• srussell
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2005

How about creating single page with the WMP video and change the other content dynamically? You could change the content of a label or paragraph object as needed.

I haven't seen your app, but you could show/hide groups of objects with variables... i.e show Paragraph 2, hide Paragraph 1, etc. as well

Hope that helps...
            Last edited by srussell; 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Adam
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • May 2000

srussell makes a good point. All objects are per-page so there is not going to be an easy way to span multiple pages with a single playing object.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• azmanar
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Oct 2004

Hi,

Currently, Audio/Video in WMP Object and FLASH object will stop when changing pages.

However, there is a possible alternative concerning Audio only.

AUDIO (ASF/MP3/WMA/OGG/WAV) if running in AMS Audio Channel ( either background or narration) will continue to play even after changing pages until you practically STOP IT or stopped by itself when finished.

Downloadable example here.

I'm using RadioButtons as playlist for this example. A ListBox Playlist is a possible alternative.

SRussell's suggestion is better if there is streaming from servers.
                Last edited by azmanar; 11-22-2007, 01:47 PM.
                Newbie Examples
                ------> AMS 7.5 : amstudio.azman.info
                ----> AMS 6 & 5: www.azman.info/ams/
                ----> FB: facebook.com/GuideToWealth

----> Content Development Blog: www.AZMAN.asia

Comment

I thought about that, srussell, but I didn't know how to acomplish it. Now when u reminded me about this option i finally see how to do it.

To make my job easier it would be great if i could group some buttons, something like this.

(Page1) btn_Internet = btn_Opera, btn_Yahoo, btn_oDC
                  (Page2) btn_Multimedia = btn_Winamp, btn_BSplayer, etc, etc

Currently I have 6 pages that contain over 100 buttons, it would be such a pain to start over again.

If I can group buttons as explained above, I'll be able to do someting like this:

Page1 (OnClick)
                  btn_Internet.Hide
                  btn_Multimedia.Show

Am I making any sense here?

@Adam, I'll post a feature request soon, about this plugin.
                  @azmanar, thanks for your help, but that's not what i'm looking for.

Comment

• srussell
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Sep 2005

Show/Hide Groups

This is kind of a down and dirty way to do this, but you can use the sequentially numbered objects, the visibility parameter and global functions to show/hide various groups... The Flash object should play uninterrupted when showing/hiding objects. Please check the global functions and the function calls from the radio buttons.

See attached sample...

We may want to suggest a "Group" parameter in the Autoplay objects dialog and the ability to apply certain properties (such as Visibility...) to the group at runtime. We added something like that to Mediaforge... Comes in handy.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by srussell; 11-23-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot srussell, this is perfect, i will post my results in a day or two. I have to modify a lot of things, so it will take some time.
                      I'll show some screenshots of my project when i'm done.

Thanks for your help guys, it's really appreciated :yes

Comment

• srussell
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BlueMe View Post
                        Thanks a lot srussell, this is perfect, i will post my results in a day or two. I have to modify a lot of things, so it will take some time.
                        I'll show some screenshots of my project when i'm done.

Thanks for your help guys, it's really appreciated :yes
                        Glad that worked out for you... Let us know how it goes... :yes

Comment

Working...
                        X