• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dermot
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2004

ComboBox Speed Issue

I know this has been brought up in version 6 but it seems to be worse in 7. ComboBoxes slow down page load considerably. Please try the attached example and see the difference between a page with 4 comboboxes and a page with 4 listboxes. They are all preloaded with the same data.

I have an app with pages that have 7 or 8 comboboxes and they are unusable. I have never seen this with any other program. If it can load listboxes instantly then why not comboboxes
    Last edited by Dermot; 11-14-2009, 09:33 PM.
    Dermot

I am so out of here :yes
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Using your example I do not see a big speed difference. After viewing the pages both about 10 times I noticed a ever-so-slight speed difference, where the ComboBoxes loaded a bit slower.
    Last edited by Intrigued; 11-11-2007, 02:23 PM.
    Intrigued

Comment

• Dermot
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2004

Thanks Intrigued. I had a friend test it and he could see no difference. I see a major difference and it gets worse the more time I open the page. I have a page in an app that has 12 comboboxes and it is almost unusable. It takes it for ever to load. I even tried making all the comboboxes not visible but it made no difference. I was trying to see if it was a painting issue.
      Dermot

Comment

• mindstitchdr
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2004

I tried your example and get almost immediate loading for Listbox page and it takes about 2 seconds to load the Combox page.

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

Ya, very odd. Wonder if a reinstall of AMS 7 would help, hmmm...
          Intrigued

Comment

• Dermot
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mindstitchdr View Post
            I tried your example and get almost immediate loading for Listbox page and it takes about 2 seconds to load the Combox page.
            Thanks. That's about what I get. Listboxes are instant and a 2 - 3 second delay for the comboboxes.
            Dermot

Comment

Working...
            X