• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

AutoPlay Media Studio 4.0 and Flash Interaction

Hi.

working within Swish 2.0 to create a swf object with a list of buttons. used fscommand "exec" and simple "argument" (name) for each button. In this example, I have three (eventually more) buttons assigning a different argument to each. Once I import to AMS, I'm not sure how to get the buttons to fire separate commands.

I have read the tutorial but not sure (yet) how to set the firing of the buttons to simply change pages in AMS. Also not sure of the use of "last fscommand" "args" etc. for this simple purpose. ( IF statements seem necessary here too.)

Any help appreciated to figure this out and get this button list to connect to separate page jumps.

Thanks,
    M.[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
  • AGRO
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2000

Re: AutoPlay Media Studio 4.0 and Flash Interaction

Check this post out

Comment

• AGRO
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2000

Or........

This one

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Hi. Ok if you attach an fscommand to a button, you notice it is two part, i.e.

fscommand ("exec","file1");

The first bit "exec" is the name of the fscommand and the second bit "file1" is the fscommand arg (argument) in this example.

OK so let's say you export a .swf from Swish which contains 3 buttons and each of those buttons has an fscommand on it, and then you import that into AMS as a flash object. You would want to set up the fscommands before exporting from swish as such for example:

Button 1 - fscommand ("jump", "page1");
        Button 2 - fscommand ("jump", "page2");
        Button 3 - fscommand ("jump", "page3");

Then you simply double-click on the flash object to enter it's actions editor and look for the OnFSCommand event. That means whenever that .swf fires an fscommand (button pushed) the objcet will react by executing all actions in this event area.

Ok so simply setup an action here which gets the last fscommand arg value and then use that to trigger a page jump (or whatever)... SO for example if "OnFSCommand" the "LastFSCommandArg" is "page1" then you would jump to page 1 with a page jump action, etc.

Use page inheritance if you wish to have your navbar appear on all 3 pages by setting up a master page with the flash object and then setting your 3 pages to "inherit from page" background...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Michael
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2000

Thanks guys.

Will work on getting this button list to respond tonight and get back.

And thanks for the rapid response.

This forum......very cool.
          [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

• Michael
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2000

+sorry still need help.

Corey wrote:
            "Ok so simply setup an action here which gets the last fscommand arg value and then use that to trigger a page jump (or whatever)... SO for example if "OnFSCommand" the "LastFSCommandArg" is "page1" then you would jump to page 1 with a page jump action, etc. "

I'm not sure how to set this last part up. I've got the "Last....Arg" and then a page jump....but can't get the next button to fire a different page.

Need more help. Thanks.

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

OK just to show you how easy it is I whipped up a swish file and an AMS project which uses it, took less than 5 minutes... OK so I built some simple buttons in swish (Swish source file is included in the zip file) and then exported as .swf then added it as a flash object in AMS and set it up. Check out the AMS source file. I kept it real simple, there's only two actions in the entire project and they can be found on the flash object's OnFSCOmmand event (on page "swish") File is here:

Corey Milner

Comment

• Michael
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2000

Yes!
                I was trying to make it too complicated....using "arguments". Your version used the basic idea of a property....any property, in this case a single digit number in the "command" area of swish's ADD ACTION with NO argument. And it worked great. You used the AMS Flash command, "get.property".

Actually, just prior to reading the post, I was working on making this work with:
                %Command% = FlashObject[Flash1].GetProperty ("Last FSCommand Args")
                AND
                IF.....IF END statements, similar to what Argo referenced in Brett's posting. And......that worked too.

Okay. That's so helpful. Thanks for the visual and the files.

And now off to build that 14 button menu.

Thanks again!
                [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Well that's a correct way too, but it just depends on what you need. If your needs are simple, keep the buttons and code simple. If your needs start to getmore complex, then you might want to use arguments and IF statements. As a rule I generally try to keep all my stuff as tiny and simple as possible because it's easier on my brain when I have to go back and edit things, etc...

Corey Milner

Comment

• John-oh
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Jun 2000

Corey,

You - providing Swish source files ?
                    Its good to see you pandering to the mere mortals, and all without a lecture on how good Macromedia Flash MX is...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

As always, excellent advice and a download
                    this forum is wonderful, and you are omnipresent, maybe the two are connected ?

If you were to need any encouragement please consider this as such.

As ever,
                    John

Comment

• Corey
                      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                      • Aug 2002

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] HIgh praise from yourself, thanks. Yep we own Swish so I figured it's high time I got with the program. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

• octane6228
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2004

fscommand code in Flash MX 2004 ?

Hi guys....I see the code examples were written in Swish....can anyone show an example of how this would look for a Flash button in MX 2004 ?

I can't seem to get it to work....

This is the current code I have attached to a my flash button...

on(release){
                        fscommand ("jump", "page1");
                        }

Then In AMS I have this code attached to the imported flash movie (.swf)

Page.Jump(e_FSArgs);

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Octane

Comment

• Corey
                          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                          • Aug 2002

Hi Octane. (get it? ) your code is correct. Just make sure in AMS you are inserting the page jump inside the Flash object's "ON FSCommand" event area and you should be fine. Also make sure your Flash movie is being played to the point in the timeline where your fscommand action exists. Other than that you should be fine. :yes

Just a thought. Could it be "Page1" you meant to type instead of "page1"?

Comment

• akif
                            Forum Member
                            • Apr 2005

Thank You

Teşekkürler ne zamandır uğraşıyorum en sonunda bu kodlarla hallettim. Çok Çok Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                            X