• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjborg
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2001

Cancelling File Search

During a FILE - SEARCH action (while the file search is actually happening at runtime) I discovered quite by accident that clicking CANCEL on the file search seems to cause the program to stop responding. (My FILE - SEARCH action includes the "Recurse custom directories" option, and during testing I absent-mindedly asked it to search C:, not realizing that I was asking it to search the entire drive!).
    I searched the forum for this info, but found nothing. If this happens regularly I guess I need to warn users not to click CANCEL during a file search? Maybe this is an OS issue? Thanks very much.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Cancelling File Search

Does it do that if you hit *Cancel* during a search of a much smaller directory too, or only on very, very large ones?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• pjborg
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2001

Good question. It occurred to me that this might not be much of an issue because most searches are so quick that the dialog box only has time to flash on the screen for a moment. I'll try to replicate this with a smaller search.

Comment

• pjborg
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2001

You're right - it seems ok for smaller searches. I did one of a couple thousand files and it worked ok.

Comment

Working...
        X