• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skip
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2003

Possible browser bug

I've noticed what may be a small bug when using the browser object. I have a page with three mouse over text objects. 2 of the links show picture objects and the third shows a browser window. On page initialize I hide all three objects. On each mouse over I show one object and hide the other 2. Everything works fine until I use the scroll bars in the browser window. When I do this none of the other mouseovers work. I have to actually click something else on the page to take the focus off of the browser window in order to get the mouseover links to work.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Possible browser bug

That's not a bug, that's how it works. Just like on your computer, i.e. If you have a browser window active and you want to focus on something on your desktop you have to click it...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Skip
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2003

Corey, Just curious why it isn't that way with the other objects such as the media player object? Is it normal that only the first mouse over link works? After the first one works all subsequent mouse overs are ignored until focused is removed from the browser object. Other objects do not have this problem. You should test this to see what I mean.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Actually if you have a media player object in an AMS app window active and you place your mouse over an icon on the desktop it won't highlight although the hand cursor appears so actually it does work that way, check it out. Anyways suffice to say that it isn't a bug, the browser object in AMS acts precisely like your standalone browser does. We can't actually add functionality to core Internet Explorer, we can only use it's existing control to interface our browser object...

In general you will notice that the media set of objects such as FLash, Browser, WMP, etc. work the exact same way in AMS as they do on their own, so if there's a certain technique which doesn't work with the standalone player it probably also won't in AMS, hope that helps...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
        X