PDA

View Full Version : Quiz Template

thetford
10-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok guys, my first real contribution to the AMS community that has helped me out so much.

I've created a quiz template, all you have to do is drop the Quiz.apt file into your templates directory.

For example C:\Program Files\AutoPlay Media Studio 6.0\Templates

thats it! Enjoy & feel free to comment, I'm thinking about makeing a "better" version of this if it's popular.

Mike

adnan
10-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Good work

must add time

Thank you

:)

arb
10-14-2007, 04:17 AM
You can make it dynamic by using ini files with this Instruction:

[QuizInfo]
TeacherName=
TotalNumber=
CurrentResult=
QuestionCount=

[Question1]
Answer1=
Answer2=
Answer3=
Answer4=
CurrentAnswer=
AnswerCheck=
Barom=
[Question2]
Answer1=
Answer2=
Answer3=
Answer4=
CurrentAnswer=
AnswerCheck=
Barom=

Even you can create some quiz builder that generates desire count of questions and save configuration in ini file.

Brave Heart
11-05-2007, 10:37 AM
You can make it dynamic by using ini files with this Instruction:

[QuizInfo]
TeacherName=
TotalNumber=
CurrentResult=
QuestionCount=

[Question1]
Answer1=
Answer2=
Answer3=
Answer4=
CurrentAnswer=
AnswerCheck=
Barom=
[Question2]
Answer1=
Answer2=
Answer3=
Answer4=
CurrentAnswer=
AnswerCheck=
Barom=

Even you can create some quiz builder that generates desire count of questions and save configuration in ini file.

Thanks dear. How can this be added to the given example?

can post post a new example after making these modification?

Thanks

thetford
11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Just haven't had much time lately, but one day I will get around to improving this template.

Mike

lucas001
03-06-2010, 03:28 AM
what is 'APT' file format?
wasn't it "APZ"?

mystica
03-06-2010, 03:48 AM
what is 'APT' file format?
wasn't it "APZ"?
It's just one of the formats under the File menu's Export options. I believe APT stands for Application Project Template, as opposed to APZ which I think stands for Application Project Zipped. Or something like that.

infinityscape
03-09-2010, 03:13 PM
nice job there :yes

lucas001
04-05-2010, 02:05 AM
;)
Do u know how can I build my project in one standalone "exe" format,I mean without any extra folders(autoplay folder)

mystica
04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
;)
Do u know how can I build my project in one standalone "exe" format,I mean without any extra folders(autoplay folder)

Not possible from within AMS. The Web Exe format is a "standalone exe" but it works by unpacking the project contents to the Users Temp directory. If you wish to present your project in a format where the contents is run from memory rather than a temp directory, then use a 3rd-party tool such as MoleBox. There are threads on this forum discussing the use of Molebox. Centauri Soldier recently posted a tutorial on using this product.

lucas001
06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
How can we update the questions of the quiz?
if we change the XML file we can update it on line.
who knows how I can do this?
help please...

gamar
07-12-2010, 07:20 AM
how to make a clutural competion between tow groups using AMS 7 , quiz questions and calculae the result for each team

thetford
10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
@ mystica - It's a template, follow the install instructions in my post, and it will show up as a "new template" when you go to create a new project in AMS.

@ gamar - I think what your asking is this:
1.) You want to make a competetion between two users.
2.) The you want to score each quiz and display the winners score?

You will need to add a start page that expains that there are two "users", then start the first quiz and save the results to a text file or ini file, then add a page that launches the second quiz, and then a final third page that calculates the results and displays the winning user.

Acolmiz
11-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi I was looking at the quiz template and am making a similar quiz myself but I keep coming across an error with the "for j,k in Correct do" part of it, is there any workaround that you know of to remove this problem?

thanks

kingzooly
11-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi I was looking at the quiz template and am making a similar quiz myself but I keep coming across an error with the "for j,k in Correct do" part of it, is there any workaround that you know of to remove this problem?

thanks

I would say post the full section of the code also the error maybe with screenshot what you posted is confusing also dont drag up 3 year ood posts as i am sure there not followed anymore lol

Shrek
11-26-2013, 07:08 AM
instead of:

for j,k in Correct do

use

for j,k in pairs(Correct) do

You should have got a report poping up when you first launched the project telling you what corrections to make and where to make them but its been reported as not working anymore.

kingzooly
11-26-2013, 07:19 AM
instead of:

for j,k in Correct do

use

for j,k in pairs(Correct) do

You should have got a report poping up when you first launched the project telling you what corrections to make and where to make them but its been reported as not working anymore.

It wont if he is still using ams 7.5 if he is using 8 then hes also posted in the wrong section of the fourm lol

lejonen123
01-07-2014, 09:42 AM
How can i create so it gone correct all answers in the end? and can create overview?