• Show
Clear All
  • jordo2798
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2003

Flash Timing off in AMS

Hi Ya'll,
    yet another question from me...
    I have a Flash (.swf) movie that I made that has syncronized music which lines up with the graphics in the movie. However, when I embed the flash file in AMS and play it, the timing is off. The effects are running slower and therefore the music is not syncronized. I have never encountered Flash playing differently like this, so any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Flash Timing off in AMS

That is a vagary of Flash and has nothing to do with AMS...

Check out Google for solutions such as splitting up your audio into key streams, etc.

You can also cure this by creating your material as a video and then using Sorenson Squeeze or Wildform Flix to convert it to Flash...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• jordo2798
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2003

Thanks for the input Corey. But, wouldn't it make sense that since I am running them both on my computer, that it would play the same when I run it in Flash and in AMS?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

No that wouldn't make sense given the details above, it's the exact opposite. Anyhow check out some Google links and maybe you can fix it as is, hard for me to say without seeing the material but I don't have enough spare time to review it...

You are probably using audio event right? try switching it to stream and it might be better, Flash locks streams to the timeline... Use Flash's built in Bandwidth Profiler to simulate other internet connections. Always test all Flash on a second system if possible before deploying.

Corey Milner

Comment

• jordo2798
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2003

Thanks Corey! Switching to Stream solved the problem. Works like a charm now. I just taught myself Flash last week, so I am still learning. But I must say that now that I can incorporate Flash into my AMS projects, they are enormously better!

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

<Montgomery Burns Voice>Excellent...</Montgomery Burns Voice>[insert evil hand rubbing]

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
            X