• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OKT
    Forum Member
    • May 2003

Slideshow and music

Hi,

1) I have a few pictures that needs to be constantly changing, it is to be place beside some description text, through ACD FotoAngelo, I have make it into a .exe, which Object should I use in order to run this .exe?

2) I have a background music and a mute button, I need to mute the music when the user click on the play video page and unmute when the user leaves the page. How do I go about to achieve this?

Regards
    OKT
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Slideshow and music

Hi OKT, as to #1, you can't embed .exe files into an AMS presentation... You can embed HTML or Flash slideshows though...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• OKT
      Forum Member
      • May 2003

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the info. Which one of the following option is more compatible or cause less problem? A flash slideshow(embed using Flash Object) or a javascript(embed using Web Browser Object)?

Regards
      OKT

Comment

• ovm
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2002

Hello OKT,

for part 2)
        create 2 variables when the MP3 (I suppose) starts.
        example: %mp3go% to indicate "the MP3 has started",
        and %mp3active% to indicate the MP3 is playing.
        give them both the the value "1"

When you play the video let the video object check the value of %mp3active% first. If the value = "1" then let the video pause the MP3.

On video end, first check if the value of %mp3go% is "1". And if so, then continue the MP3 play and set the value for %mp3active% to "1" again.

So for this functionality you don't need a mute button. But it could be nice for the user to mute the music by hand.

If you use 1 variable the MP3 might start, even when it was not playing.

Don't forget to set both variables to "0" when the MP3 has stopped playing.

mario
        programming is very easy, just put the characters in the right order....

Comment

Working...
        X