• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjborg
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2001

Catalogue files?

I would like to make a catalogue of the files I have on several CD-ROMs, and then be able to search for specific files on any of the disks. The search would preferably be able to use "wild card" characters. I would like to make the catalogue available at all times on my system. Is that something I can do using AMS? Thanks in advance for all your help.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Catalogue files?

Yes, definitely. Roll up your sleeves and start fooling around with it enough so that you can execute directions without losing track and then ask again here and someone will tell you how. It's very easy, if you get serious about learning AMS you can literally do stuff like that within a few hours if you have a fairly creative mind and some motivation. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• pjborg
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2001

Thanks very much. I've been able to generate a list of resident files in a textbox object, but I'm not sure that's the correct object to use. My objective is to be able to open the program, then type in, say, an artist's name (in the case of mp3's perhaps) and the program would return a list of all the files that include that artist, and also tell me which folder or CD those files reside on. There would be potentially many folders or CD's in the database. I will continue researching the forum to decide which objects will best perform these functions. Thanks again. PJ

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Definitely a listbox is your best bet. This can be achieved more ways than one but definitely in your case a listbox object is the way to go.

Check out the link to the online help file under my name and spend ten minutes reading the section on the listbox object and you'll be much closer to your goal, I guarantee it.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
        X